PDA

View Full Version : Poorboys SSR polishes?

WRAPT C5Z06
08-20-2010, 03:19 PM
I NEED polishes that I can use in the sun so I can actually see the polish(while working it) on my metallic silver. How is the SSR series?

Bobby B.
08-20-2010, 03:25 PM
The Poorboy's World SSR Swirl Removers work great. The poorboy's products are currently on sale. Great time to try them.

twistedframe
08-20-2010, 08:38 PM
I would buy a good LED light to see the swirls and use a better (in my opinion) line of products like Menzerna. I have used the PB SSR line in the past and not been entirely happy with the results. They aren't terrible, just not the best IMO.

jahman
08-20-2010, 10:06 PM
I would buy a good LED light to see the swirls and use a better (in my opinion) line of products like Menzerna. I have used the PB SSR line in the past and not been entirely happy with the results. They aren't terrible, just not the best IMO.

Agreed.

In my experience using a DA polisher takes forever to break these polishes down. I guess that could be a good thing, but in my opinion takes much much longer to do an entire car. Also I always have holograms/fine swirls/micro marring/whatever you wanna call it with SSR1 and end up having to use a fine menzerna polish to clean up.

Rotaries and the SSR line seem to get along better. Don't know why but I get better results with a rotary and SSR line.

This is not a bash on the product, I love poorboys products but the SSR line falls short IMHO.

Oh, and one more thing....my SSR 2.5 turned as runny as water rendering it useless 2 weeks after receiving it from AG. It was stored properly...

detail viking
08-22-2010, 10:27 PM
I have only used 2.5 and I like it a lot. I agree that Menzerna polishes are a little better, but I would never try and use them in the sun. 2.5 however works great in the sun as does Professional Polish which I also love.. :buffing:

tuscarora dave
08-22-2010, 10:38 PM
SSR2 is the only one that I have that has not turned all watery from taking them mobile with me. I have tried them all and like them but am moving on to better polishes for what I do which is correction of other peoples neglected cars. I can not recommend the SSR1 or SSR2.5 but will say that SSR2,the Pro Polish and Polish w/ Sealant are nice and work very well in the direct sun.

Da Fats
08-23-2010, 12:07 AM
I was unable to finish down SSR1 with rotary halogram free on multiple occasions with softer (tundra and tacoma) paints. I was able to finish down ssr2.5+SSR1 flawlessly on the tundra by DA but it involved using A LOT of pressure with both steps and took a good bit of time just to complete the hood.

Have you looked into using Non-diminishing abrasive polishes? Some that are colored? OPT comes to mind