PDA

View Full Version : WGDGPS, one layer or two?

superd
08-20-2010, 03:15 PM
Are there any benefits of two layers of WGDGPS vs one layer? Would I achieve more protection or a deeper shine with two layers? Either way I am going to top it off with a layer of Fuzion.

Secondly, when do you start the 12 hour waiting period to reapply more product? After applying or wiping off? I finished late last night and didn't remove the product until this morning (too tired). It's been over 12 hours since I applied it, but only 6 since I removed it. I have a window of opportunity before the wife gets home.

David

:buffing:

mcpp66
08-20-2010, 04:22 PM
You mean you let the sealant sit on your car for 6 hours before wiping it off? I don't think you need to do that, I usually wait for about 30-45 minutes and then do the finger swipe test. I usually apply two coats but I really don't see a difference in the appearance, but maybe the idea of the second coat is to make sure you don't miss any spots.

wytstang
08-20-2010, 04:40 PM
Do a second coat to ensure full coverage.

Mike Phillips
08-20-2010, 04:40 PM
I think I got you covered on these question here,

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-expert-featuring-mike-phillips/27982-how-do-i-remove-overspray-2.html

In any case, I always write for the future so in this case while the OP knows where his other thread is... lurkers might not... but now they do...

:D

superd
08-21-2010, 08:30 AM
It wasn't my intentions to leave it on for six hours. I worked until around 2am and couldn't stay up long enough to wait for the sealant to dry. If I were a coffee drinker this wouldn't have happened. Sleep prevailed!

ScottB
08-21-2010, 01:27 PM
two coats are often suggested for total and best coverage. Anything more is likely wasted product.

Silverstone
09-20-2010, 10:22 PM
I don't see any visual benefit to the second coat. If anything I think it blurs or clouds the reflection. I still did it for last winter though. But this spring I stuck with one.

superd
09-21-2010, 12:43 PM
I don't see any visual benefit to the second coat. If anything I think it blurs or clouds the reflection. I still did it for last winter though. But this spring I stuck with one.

I ended up using two coats and the results were awesome. With a white vehicle I do my best to apply the product evenly but it's visually difficult to tell, so two coats ensure that I get the job done. Dark vehicles are much easier to work and see where the product is IMO.

TornadoRed
09-21-2010, 12:52 PM
Just curious how much of the WGDGPS you used for each coat. I have one of the free samples (2oz) from AG and want to know if it's enough to do a full coat.
Thanks

ryukin2000
09-21-2010, 01:42 PM
Just curious how much of the WGDGPS you used for each coat. I have one of the free samples (2oz) from AG and want to know if it's enough to do a full coat.
Thanks

i did 2 full coats and still have half the sample size left

superd
09-21-2010, 01:51 PM
Thanks

I did my Denali and still had plenty left over in my sample bottle. I used a WG yellow applicator pad and applied a thin layer. A little bit goes a long way and hardly any wasted product IMO. Good stuff!
:dblthumb2: