PDA

View Full Version : Which of the proposed steps and why

shriram
08-19-2010, 11:37 PM
Hi

I have a 2001 black Audi S4 which has some significant swirls. I fixed the hood (with a DA and Meguiars Ultimate Compound) somewhat, and at some point will do the same for rest of car (maybe trying the less aggressive compounds like Paint X, SwirlX or equivalent from other co's). (pics attached btw). At this time I had also clayed entire car.

A week or so ago, I washed (2 bucket system) with Meg's Gold Class, dried and then used Optimum Spray Wax hand.

I have quite a bit of dust and have 3 options.

1. Use ONR as a detailer and wipe off with microfiber

2. Wash with Gold Class, dry and then use Optimum Wax

3. Wash with ONR, dry and then use Optimum Wax.

Which is best, and what are the pro's/cons.

Thanks

Shriram

Rsurfer
08-20-2010, 01:01 AM
Hi

I have a 2001 black Audi S4 which has some significant swirls. I fixed the hood (with a DA and Meguiars Ultimate Compound) somewhat, and at some point will do the same for rest of car (maybe trying the less aggressive compounds like Paint X, SwirlX or equivalent from other co's). (pics attached btw). At this time I had also clayed entire car.

A week or so ago, I washed (2 bucket system) with Meg's Gold Class, dried and then used Optimum Spray Wax hand.

I have quite a bit of dust and have 3 options.

1. Use ONR as a detailer and wipe off with microfiber

2. Wash with Gold Class, dry and then use Optimum Wax

3. Wash with ONR, dry and then use Optimum Wax.

Which is best, and what are the pro's/cons.

Thanks

Shriram
Quite a bit of dust sounds like option 2 or 3. Even with light dust it is still risky with a QD on black paint. On light to medium dust I would mix ONR at QD strength (8ozs. per gallon) and use a hand pumb sprayer. You'll use about 40 ozs. to mist the whole car. Lightly soak a waffle weave or micro fiber towel and wipe dry turning to a clean section of the towel frequently. You could a spray QD like Aqua Wax to aid in drying.:buffing:

PAR Detailing
08-20-2010, 01:05 AM
If you have alot of dust then you may need to go ahead and wash it again. I would say wash it like you normally do. I never feel that a quick detailer gets the car as clean as washing it does.

Jon