PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Sealants

Jeff120
08-19-2010, 10:20 PM
I dont get it. Is there something special about wheel sealants that regular sealants dont have? I have always just used the same as I use on the vehicle. Am I missing something?

PAR Detailing
08-20-2010, 01:10 AM
I think, I dont know for sure, but I think that wheel sealants can withstand higher temps than a regular sealant so they would last longer on your wheels.

BobbyG
08-20-2010, 06:06 AM
That is an interesting question. I've been using Collinite 845 but just tried some Poorboy's World and my order of DP Wheel Glaze just arrived so I'm anxious to give it a try.

Poorboy's went on very similar to Collinite 845 in texture and consistency. I'm still evaluating though. My question is when I wash the wheels with something like a wheel cleaner or APC will it remove the protection?

arkus
08-20-2010, 11:39 AM
Yes

loco
08-20-2010, 11:48 AM
Collinite 845 works amazingly well. I wasn't able to hand wash my car at all this past winter, and we had huge snows with lots of salt and chemicals on the road. When the weather finally broke and I started washing my wheels, I couldn't believe nothing stuck to them. They were easy to clean up and looked like new.

So, in my opinion, there's no real need for a "wheel sealant". However, I do plan to try GTechniq's wheel armour in the future just to see how it compares.