PDA

View Full Version : LC ccs pads...cross groove or ccs

cadd
08-19-2010, 08:30 PM
I have been using the LC ccs pads. and thinking about trying out the cross groove. Can anyone give me some input on how well they work, or which pads you prefer

cadd
08-19-2010, 08:33 PM
Also, how the compressor pads?? any advice on those ? It seems like they would absorb alot of the polish by the way they look.

BobbyG
08-20-2010, 06:54 AM
I use Lake Country Kompressor pads on my rotary and CCS or flat pads on my Flex and Porter Cable.

ryandamartini
08-20-2010, 08:36 AM
kompressor on the rotary is just amazing.. :) I like flat pads on the dual action.

BobbyG
08-20-2010, 08:37 AM
kompressor on the rotary is just amazing.. :)

Fine minds do think alike!! :props:

ryandamartini
08-20-2010, 09:01 AM
Fine minds do think alike!! :props:

go pats! :D

Mike Phillips
08-20-2010, 10:52 AM
I use Lake Country Kompressor pads on my rotary and CCS or flat pads on my Flex and Porter Cable.

kompressor on the rotary is just amazing.. :) I like flat pads on the dual action.

I agree with both comments above...

The Kompressor pads offer great flexibility and on a rotary when buffing convex or concave curves this is a cool feature.

I've used them with DA Polishers with great success too...

Removed sanding marks using a DA with Kompressor pad in this thread...

Rental Car Fun... (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/pictures-saturday-detailing-101/27531-rental-car-fun.html)

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/904/RentalCarFun008.jpg

I haven't used the cross-groove pads enough to be for them or against them but all foam pads can be used to polish paint... the terms good and bad start to become subjective and personal preference...

Get a few and try them out and see if you like them...

:)

dublifecrisis
08-20-2010, 10:54 AM
Kompressor pads + DA = not so good. I really like flat pads best for DA use.

cadd
08-20-2010, 03:50 PM
Thanks guys...I have been using the CCS pads, and having good results with them, just thought I might give some of the other ones a try, and figured I would get a bit of input before buying them. Thanks..hope everybody has a swirl free weekend !!!

Mike Phillips
08-20-2010, 04:37 PM
hope everybody has a swirl free weekend !!!

Great way to end a Friday!

:dblthumb2: