PDA

View Full Version : Carpet cleaning with wet/dry vac and apc+

Bullitt AK
08-19-2010, 04:35 PM
my concern is my shop vac getting damaged ...ok so im using the apc+ at 10:1 ...lightly wetting the carpet first then spraying and agitating with a brush...im supposed to run it without a filter while sucking up the water right?

it says its not recommended for use in hot water extractors because of the foam but i don't know if that's an issue with a shop vac or not...just wipe off any foam before using the vacuum on it?

Finemess
08-19-2010, 06:23 PM
My shopvac has a paper and a foam filter. I remove the paper to do wet stuff, but leave the foam. (It protects the motor from getting wet.) If you have alot of foam in the tank it could get messy. Be sure to rinse it out and air dry after use.

BobbyG
08-19-2010, 06:51 PM
My shop-vac is a wet / dry model and I've never had a problem, I just turn it on and vacuum the liquids as well as the debris.

jlb85
08-19-2010, 06:56 PM
You will be fine. APC+ is lower foaming than APC, and you will not run the vacuum until it is full of however many gallons of water ;) The paper filter is not recommended because it will get wet and eventually rot inside there.

Bullitt AK
08-19-2010, 11:41 PM
ok mine is a paper filter and i think thats the only one they make for this rigid model...mine actually had some water spraying from the exhaust..is that normal? its the WD4070 so its only a 4 gallon and i kept having to drain it because i didnt want the water level actually touching the filter...

jlb85
08-19-2010, 11:44 PM
You might have it too full if it spits our water from the exhaust, and this can damage the vacuum eventually. If the water level is very low and you still spit water, then something is not right...

Bullitt AK
08-19-2010, 11:49 PM
well there is like less than an inch of clearance from the bottom of the filter to the bottom of the tank..this is a brand new vac so i dont think anything is wrong i just think that the filter is so close its sucking the water through....damn i wasn't even planning on using this for carpet when i bought it

Bullitt AK
08-20-2010, 12:22 AM
i didnt notice it right away when it started spitting...but after i did i emptied the reservoir and there was still water spitting..ill call rigid and see what they say i guess

cnfowler
08-20-2010, 11:00 AM
Remove your paper filter. This is causing the water from the exhaust.

Colin

Bullitt AK
08-20-2010, 04:12 PM
Remove your paper filter. This is causing the water from the exhaust.

Colin

yeah but what if anything other than water gets sucked up? when i was vacuuming on the edges i heard some small rocks or debris getting pulled in off the ground

wytstang
08-20-2010, 05:19 PM
You are over thinking this, it's a shop vac that can suck up anything wet or dry. You will not have any damage from vacuuming up car interiors. I've used them in ware houses to pick up water, glass, rocks, nuts, bolts, ect. Water spitting out the exhaust is nothing to worry about.

olbear1962
08-20-2010, 08:51 PM
You are over thinking this, it's a shop vac that can suck up anything wet or dry. You will not have any damage from vacuuming up car interiors. I've used them in ware houses to pick up water, glass, rocks, nuts, bolts, ect. Water spitting out the exhaust is nothing to worry about.

:iagree::iagree: