PDA

View Full Version : air compressors

fatfro
08-19-2010, 01:41 PM
I want to get started on a little side business, detailing on weekends, and I want to be mobile. I was wondering what exactly do I need to be able to wash and detail cars on the go. I heard an air compressor is necessary to pump out the water. How do I power my polisher? And how exactly do I pump the water out so that it seems I'm at home with my hose? Thanks.

2kredbb6
08-19-2010, 03:23 PM
A generator with enough power to run both, from that point on I don't know what size generator it should be..They run on gas obviously.. you could also ask the customer to use their outlet..

Bert31
08-19-2010, 03:43 PM
I want to get started on a little side business, detailing on weekends, and I want to be mobile. I was wondering what exactly do I need to be able to wash and detail cars on the go. I heard an air compressor is necessary to pump out the water. How do I power my polisher? And how exactly do I pump the water out so that it seems I'm at home with my hose? Thanks.

An air compressor is a nice tool to have but you would use it to pump water out? I assume to pump water out of a holding tank? Wouldn't a water pump do a more efficient?

Depending on where you work, a generator may be necessary if you find yourself not near a power outlet. That all depends on where jobs will be. Some people have said you should have atleast 3500 watts on a generator, though that could be guys running extractors which use quite a bit of electricity.

BobbyG
08-19-2010, 07:20 PM
:welcome:

I'm not expert but if I were to start a mobile detailing business I think I'd begin like this.

Decent looking vehicle with room for your tools and supplies
2500+ watt generator
Vacuum
DA polisher
Assortment of pads
Power washer
Water tank and hose
Buckets
Sponge's
Microfiber towels
Interior cleaner and treatment
Trim & plastic treatment