PDA

View Full Version : Recommended Leather Cleaner/Conditioner

Nupe4life
04-11-2006, 05:12 PM
I have white leather interior for a 94 Convertible Mustang GT. Looking for recommendations and experiences on leather cleaners and conditioners. Also what steps were taken to achieve desired results.
Thanks in advance for the advice. :)

Meghan
04-11-2006, 05:14 PM
Pinnacle has a nice combo Cleaner/Conditioner. Smells great too! :p

Neothin
04-11-2006, 06:02 PM
first you need to find out if your leather is coated or uncoated. Go outside and put a drop of water on the leather. if it absorbs its uncoated, if it beads it's coated.

snomon1017
04-12-2006, 02:05 PM
Has anyone tried Leatherique Pristine Clean and Rejuvenator Oil? I was looking for something that would remove those lines/wrinkles in my side bolsters, restoring that new look, and came across the Leatherique products. From the hype all over the internet, you'd think that these products are the greatest thing to happen to leather since the invention of the cow. I couldn't resist and ordered the 16 oz package. Pinnacle leather care did not do anything to improve the look. I really want to get that new look back, short of refinishing just one seat. I'll let you know about my experience when I recieve my order in the next few days.

ScottB
04-12-2006, 02:20 PM
Leatherique is one of the best leather cleaners and conditioners for dried out and neglected leather interiors. That said, nothing is going to remove lines in leather or repair areas where leather has worn away. It simply is preventive maintenance for most newer cars and can be used twice a year to provide many years of leather bliss. Older cars will take on a much newer appearance to leather as it hydrates quicker than anything made to date.

I really still prefer Connolly to almost all our other offerings. Because of its makeup Max suggests keeping it away from the stitchings in leather specifically as it could break down there strength over time. Poorboys is to darn slippery, Lexol looks great for a week then seems to strangely disappear, and Pinnacle original leather cleaner (http://www.pinnaclewax.com/leatcon.html)is still the tops for a reasonable product. AIO's are much easier to use, but seem to do all well, but nothing perfectly.

supercharged
04-12-2006, 04:22 PM
Go with Pinnacle Concour Interior kit. This is THE BEST kit you can get for leather.

Malibu Jim
04-12-2006, 07:09 PM
first you need to find out if your leather is coated or uncoated. Go outside and put a drop of water on the leather. if it absorbs its uncoated, if it beads it's coated.

OK, we've got several recommendations. Are these products....Leatherque and Pinnacle for coated or uncoated leather? IF either, then it doesn't matter if it's coated or not.

ScottB
04-12-2006, 08:35 PM
OK, we've got several recommendations. Are these products....Leatherque and Pinnacle for coated or uncoated leather? IF either, then it doesn't matter if it's coated or not.

While no scientists, it appears that coated leather does not actually close up all pores. It does however almost plasticize certain leathers. You can use any of these products on either, just allow more time on coated leather. My wifes Cadillac CTS comes with uncoated leather and its supple and sucks up leather conditioner almost immediately, my Vette has coated and it clearly shows a difference after conditioning but it takes longer and buffing off some residue is necessary.

Sevenrd
04-13-2006, 12:35 PM
Go with Pinnacle Concour Interior kit. This is THE BEST kit you can get for leather.

Agreed. Well, at least it's the best I've tried so far.

snomon1017
04-14-2006, 12:18 PM
Update on Leatherique. I have only one thing to say. I’M A BELIEVER !!!!!!! I received my shipment yesterday and applied the Rejuvenator Oil last night. I wanted to rejuvenate my driver’s seat in particular, which had some creases that I wanted removed, since I’m showing the car. Keep in mind that the car is relatively new (2003), almost never driven, and in awesome condition.

The Rejuvenator Oil is an oil that you massage in with your hands. I was amazed. The oil soaked into the leather, causing it to expand and grow like a sponge soaking up water. After some massaging, the creases were gone! And this was even without letting the oil sit and soak for a day or so. I was so psyched that I did the rest of the car. Even the steering wheel seems to have grown an inch in diameter. All the leather now feels so soft and supple.

Note that I had been using Pinnacle leather cleaner/conditioner regularly. The difference is astounding! The Pinnacle was like using plain water in comparison. Well, obviously better than that but nowhere near nourishing the leather the Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil.

My wife frequently refers to the car as my mistress. Now I’m massaging oil all over her . . . hmmmm. Next step is Pristine Clean is to remove any excess oil and dirt that is leached out by the oil. I’ll give an update soon thereafter.

dksu
04-14-2006, 01:27 PM
I've you tried Lexol cleaner and Moistuerizer? I just bought it and still haven't tried it yet.

snomon1017
04-14-2006, 01:50 PM
I've tried lexol in the past and haven't really been impressed. To me, it's kinda like Turtle Wax compared with Pinnacle Souveran. Like good mid-range stuff but not quite top shelf.