PDA

View Full Version : Which Megs pad for Flex and HD Uno

Phalcon51
08-19-2010, 12:44 AM
I just bought a used MB E350 in black with lots of swirl marks from the guy at the car lot that used a rotary on it. I have a Flex 3401 that I haven't used yet and I'd like to try it out with some HD Uno that I bought recently. Since HD doesn't make a pad to fit the Flex which Meguiars pad would be good to use on it? I'm thinking the Soft Buff 7" yellow and black pads would work, but is the 7" pad too big for the 5.5" Flex backing plate?

Thanks for any help.

WRAPT C5Z06
08-19-2010, 12:49 AM
Go with LC 6.5" Flat white and black pads. Those are equivalent in terms of cut to the Meguiars pads, and will fit the backing plate better.

Mike Phillips
08-19-2010, 08:12 AM
Since HD doesn't make a pad to fit the Flex which Meguiars pad would be good to use on it? I'm thinking the Soft Buff 7" yellow and black pads would work, but is the 7" pad too big for the 5.5" Flex backing plate?

The Meguiar's 7" Softbuf pads easily fit on the stock Flex 3401 Backing Plate which is just under 6" in diameter.

:)

Phalcon51
08-19-2010, 10:43 AM
I just noticed the Surbuf R series 6.5" pads in the Autogeek store. Any direct experience with these pads? How well do they finish? What do you think of these pads for use with HD Uno?

Harleyguy
08-19-2010, 12:17 PM
I just noticed the Surbuf R series 6.5" pads in the Autogeek store. Any direct experience with these pads? How well do they finish? What do you think of these pads for use with HD Uno?I was in a chat room last night discussing these pads everyone seemed to agree they get the job done but like everything else there is a learning curve.

Must keep the pads clean and the fingers clean
When using 105 spritz someone water on the panel so the compound is a little thinner.
Also use on a lower speed like 4 or 5 on a PC
Not too much pressure keep the pad rotating