PDA

View Full Version : whats the better option for blow drying a car

Pages : [1] 2

viviorunitia88
08-18-2010, 04:29 PM
just seeing if there are any better options for blow drying a car. I have use my compressor with good results. was thinking of just getting a decatated shop vac blower and just use the compressor for other misc. I just cant justify the 300 on the metro when a compressor will do all acept heating the air.

RTexasF
08-18-2010, 05:35 PM
A leaf blower works just fine.

ScottB
08-18-2010, 05:57 PM
leaf blower is cheap and effective indeed ... my choice.

BobbyG
08-18-2010, 06:02 PM
I bought an electric model leaf blower at Lowes for $59 and it does a fantastic job!!

viviorunitia88
08-18-2010, 06:04 PM
electric what lol leaf blower or vac blow

DARK HORSE
08-18-2010, 07:37 PM
Leaf blower!

daveinsweethome
08-18-2010, 07:40 PM
i own the metro master blaster and yes love it, but i would not hesitate to get a shop vac and use it solely for drying. using it as a vacume maybe not. i still use my shop vac for vacuming just dont use it now for drying. you guys in hot climates probably dont need the heat to dry but us oregon ducks do.

rwisejr
08-18-2010, 08:29 PM
I have a few options Compressor,Shop Vac with detaching blower. Small Leaf blower and one of these Metro Blaster SideKick (http://www.autogeek.net/metro-blaster-sidekick.html) as this does use warm air.

killrflake
08-18-2010, 09:33 PM
I have a Sears Craftsman shop vac with 6 1/2 hp and a detachable blower which works really great for drying my car. Earlier this year I decided to buy one of the Metro blowers and in all honesty, it does not hold a candle to the shop vac. It's better suited to smaller jobs like motorcycles or maybe on those small areas on wheels that are impossible to get a micro fiber into. I don't want to sound like I'm knocking the product, it's well made, but I only paid $99. for the shop vac and I'd swear it could pick up a bowling ball or blow a small child off his feet.:xyxthumbs:

feslope
08-18-2010, 09:58 PM
I have a Sears Craftsman shop vac with 6 1/2 hp and a detachable blower which works really great for drying my car. Earlier this year I decided to buy one of the Metro blowers and in all honesty, it does not hold a candle to the shop vac. It's better suited to smaller jobs like motorcycles or maybe on those small areas on wheels that are impossible to get a micro fiber into. I don't want to sound like I'm knocking the product, it's well made, but I only paid $99. for the shop vac and I'd swear it could pick up a bowling ball or blow a small child off his feet.:xyxthumbs:Which Metro blower are you referring to?

Jumpingbean
08-19-2010, 12:49 AM
I've used a leaf blower and recently bought the Metro Vac N'BloŽ Portable Vacuum (http://www.autogeek.net/vacnbloporva.html)

I find it much much easier to use the Metro. It's easier to maneuver the tip of the hose to get all the angles and crevices than it is to hold up a leaf blower. I'm not saying a leaf blower is heavy. I'm saying maneuvering the tip of a hose is quicker and easier is all. I love my Metro...

Maxima Mom
08-19-2010, 07:20 AM
Look on Craig's list for dog dryers! I have a Metro dog dryer that is the same concept! It has very high velocity air to "blow" the water out of the dog's coat. I see them on Craig's List once in a while when people attempt to home groom their dogs and then give it up.
Ebay has dog dryers too.

S2K
08-19-2010, 09:00 AM
Has anyone ever used the Ridgid WD5500 Stor-n-Go, wall mounted wet/dry vac?

Vette 03
08-19-2010, 10:58 AM
I Find my compressor completes the job quickly and safely no big leaf blowre to drag around and possibly touch the vehicle with, also gets into all of those little nooks and areas hard to get water out of !!!Just my 2 cents worth!!!:buffing::hotrod2:

BobbyG
08-19-2010, 12:50 PM
This is the one I bought strictly for drying.

The unit is light and easily maneuverable. The mouths shape of the extension really concentrates the flow of clean high-speed air right where you need it making short work of any water leftover after rinsing. The handles are cushioned and the air speed control it variable so the user can adjust it to suit their specific needs.

At $59.00 I figured it would be a decent investment for this purpose and I can tell you it was.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/BobbyG53/Detailing/Blower.jpg