PDA

View Full Version : Removing Tree Sap

dannyboy20
08-17-2010, 09:16 AM
My black truck has various spots of pine sap on it and also on the toneau cover. I have tried the tar and bug remover but Im not really satisfied with the results. Any suggestions. I can usually get most of the sap off but there is still some dried white substance left behind.

RaskyR1
08-17-2010, 09:19 AM
isopropyl alcohol always works for me. :props:

Impressions
08-17-2010, 10:26 AM
try rubbing ice cubes on the sap....freezes the sap than as you work the cube over the sap it slowly breaks up without damaging the paint or clear coat

Buckskincolt
08-17-2010, 10:47 AM
isopropyl alcohol always works for me. :props:

+1:dblthumb2:

DonMTV
08-17-2010, 02:17 PM
There are several threads about this already, and I will chime in again. IPA works wonders on the pine sap here in MA. This summer has been a tough one with the pine sap. I use a microfiber and I put a sprayer on the 32oz bottle of IPA I bought at Wal-Mart for a couple of dollars.

I spray the spot, and then I spray the microfiber and wipe away. Sometimes the sap is hard, but spraying on the sap will help. It might take a few wipes, but it will work.

My next suggestion is to clean the area up to get rid of any sap residue. I didn't clean an area properly and the area turned white from the sun. Not a big deal as it cleaned up well. I used my P21 TAW and sprayed the area. Let it dwell, then wash the car normally.

Don