PDA

View Full Version : List me up with som gooood products A-Z??

Thlian
08-17-2010, 07:04 AM
I want some good suggestions og products to use from A-Z Feed back please
I`ve now used a lot of Mequiars for a while, but I think there is som much more, but I don`t know what. So guys, here it is....., list up a couple og suggestions.

1. Wash
- soap?
- foamgun?
- degreaser? (that works.....)

2. Compound
- for hand use, light swirls
- use with rotary, heavy swirls

3. Polish, just for maintaining (might be implementet with #2)

4. WAX - WAX - WAX
- the ultimate, wetwetwet look, smoooooth as a babies ass???
- nice to wipe on, nice to wipe off.

5. Tiredressing?? That lasts..... in rain for days, not hours.

6. Interior wash
- dash -vinyl, plastic etc....
- leather seats and other seats :confused:
- floorcarpets

7. Windows
- what the f¤%# to do with those windows, scrathes, stonemarks oughhh!!

AgainFeed back please APPRECIATE IT :dblthumb2:

kb2ehj
08-17-2010, 07:57 AM
Done a search? This topic comes up like every other day.

What it comes down to is prep work and personal preferences to product.

CEE DOG
08-17-2010, 08:15 AM
1. Wash
Ultima Paint Wash
Meguiars Gold Class

2. Compound
M105

3. Polish
PO85RD
M205

4. WAX - WAX - WAX
Natty's Blue
Souveran
Fusion

5. Tiredressing
Optimum
Ultima
DP Tire Gel

6A. Interior wash
DP Total Interior Cleaner
1Z Interior

- leather seats
I'm assuming this is finished leather?
In that case:
DP Total Interior Cleaner
Lexol

6B. Interior PROTECT
303 AP
Ultima Interior Guard Plus
- leather seats and other seats
I'm assuming this is finished leather?
In that case:
Ultima Interior Guard Plus
303 AP
Lexol
1Z

- floorcarpets and other seats
Clean
303 carpet cleaner
Sonax Carpet and upholstery cleaner

Protect
303 fabric guard

7. Windows
- what the f¤%# to do with those windows, scrathes, stonemarks oughhh!!
Not gonna answer your question...
But for cleaning them use either:
Stoners Invisible Glass
DP Krystal Vision

Mike Phillips
08-17-2010, 08:41 AM
Corey got you off to a start on the first 6 questions...

7. Windows
- what the f¤%# to do with those windows, scratches, stonemarks oughhh!!

I've done a ton of glass polishing in my life to remove topical water spots and road film but not a lot of scratch removal.

Since coming to Autogeek however I have removed scratches out of a few windshields since coming here using the Diamondite system and it works well but requires a rotary buffer.

This kit will remove light or shallow scratches using a rotary buffer.

DiamonditeŽ Glass Repair System Kit for Machine Application (http://www.autogeek.net/glass-repair-kit.html)

You mentioned Stone Marks in your post, I'll take that to be "Rock Chips", is this correct?

If so, you can't remove deep defects out of glass because it means removing a lot of glass. The way your remove any below surface defect out of glass or paint is by leveling the surface and this means abrading the surface in a controlled method that removes the defect without instilling new defects at the same time.

With paint you're limited by thickness or film-build.

With glass you're limited because it's very hard and thus hard to abrade.

Sometimes it's faster to just replace the glass. When I purchased my 5th, 1959 Cadillac, the windshield looked like every owner had cleaned it using steel wool, that is it was scratched to high heaven... so I just had it replaced...

Don't seem to have a lot of front shots of this particular 1959 that had a new windshield because usually when you photograph a 1959 Cadillac you shoot it from the rear to showcase the massive fins...

http://www.showcargarage.com/gallery/files/1/1959Flattop02.jpg

:)

Vjeszczi
08-17-2010, 09:06 AM
So you have not been able to remove scratches with this kit using a DA?

Thlian
08-17-2010, 02:07 PM
More more :D

Is it better to apply sealent and then wax??
When using a heavy compund, is it preferred to use a lighter polish before sealent/wax?

But what kinda pads are good to use when removing heavy swirls?

Thlian
08-17-2010, 02:26 PM
What kinda souveran? Other waxes are nutty blue but that`s poorboy, but then Fusion, who makes that?

ScottB
08-17-2010, 05:05 PM
If its sold here at Autogeek its often a good choice but indeed some that are considered the best. Search around for products that come up alot.

CEE DOG
08-17-2010, 06:12 PM
For a sealant try:

Ultima Paint Guard Plus

Old Tiger
08-17-2010, 07:36 PM
For a sealant try:

Ultima Paint Guard Plus
You cant go wrong with any of Corey's recommendations. The DP products are Buy One Get one (BOGO) and you can mix and Match! That would offer you the best bang for the buck by far! I love all of the DG products Ive tried except for the Wheel Glaze. It is OK but I prefer to use Duragloss 105 over 601 on my wheels. The new Tire Gel is the best for me FWIW!

CEE DOG
08-17-2010, 08:42 PM
You cant go wrong with any of Corey's recommendations. The DP products are Buy One Get one (BOGO) and you can mix and Match! That would offer you the best bang for the buck by far! I love all of the DG products Ive tried except for the Wheel Glaze. It is OK but I prefer to use Duragloss 105 over 601 on my wheels. The new Tire Gel is the best for me FWIW!

Great point on the BOGO - Get it while you can OP!

DARK HORSE
08-17-2010, 08:52 PM

I agree, the new DP tire gel rocks!! I like it better than Opti bond now. It lasts just as long, has a little better look IMO (a little more gloss/satin sheen), and has a great minty smell:props:

Also I'd hook up with some MaxWax as well, It is an exceptional value at the regular price, being on BOGO it's a definite "Don't miss". It goes on/off just like butter...

Old Tiger
08-17-2010, 09:30 PM
I agree, the new DP tire gel rocks!! I like it better than Opti bond now. It lasts just as long, has a little better look IMO (a little more gloss/satin sheen), and has a great minty smell:props:

Also I'd hook up with some MaxWax as well, It is an exceptional value at the regular price, being on BOGO it's a definite "Don't miss". It goes on/off just like butter...
Tad is spot on regarding Max Wax. 2 tubs will last a very long time too!