PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Massachusetts......

Cliffnopus
08-16-2010, 05:29 PM
Hello, my name is Cliff and I hail from Foxboro, MA. I have happily wandered into this forum from a purchase I made at Auto Geek. Boy, you folks are serious about your vehicle care.....and that's a good thing.

I've learned so much while browsng, that I placed another order for more supplies. This could be a dangerous place to be. :props:

I have a new (2009) Harley that has just undergone a custom paint job by Dave Perewitz and I want to keep this beauty in great shape.

Happy waxing, Cliff

mtnbiker
08-16-2010, 06:22 PM
Welcome from Hudson NH. & yes this can be a dangerous place to be for your wallet. I've learned a lot & have more to learn.
Have fun

snowking724
08-16-2010, 06:38 PM
welcome,woburn here.

DonMTV
08-16-2010, 10:37 PM
Clinton here.

Cliffnopus
08-16-2010, 11:02 PM
Thanks guys, looks like Mass. is well represented.

Cliff

detaildave
08-17-2010, 06:44 AM
Welcome to AG!!!

glenn14
08-17-2010, 08:54 AM
Welcome. Shrewsbury here !!!!!!

Mike Phillips
08-17-2010, 09:44 AM
Hello, my name is Cliff and I hail from Foxboro, MA. I have happily wandered into this forum from a purchase I made at Auto Geek.

Hi Cliff,

Welcome to Autogeek Online! :welcome:

I have a new (2009) Harley that has just undergone a custom paint job by Dave Perewitz and I want to keep this beauty in great shape.

What an honor... his pain booth is sweeet...

https://www.perewitz.com/uploads/images/DSCN0153.JPG

Anyone that wants to know more about Dave Perewitz check out his bio page here...

Dave Perewitz Bio (https://www.perewitz.com/about.asp)

Here's a portion from the above page...

Television
Discovery Channel Great Biker Build-off series
Speed Channel Gibson & Aerosmith Bikes
Travel Channel programs
Gibson Speed Channel from Daytona Intro
NASCAR Images T. V.
Dave Mann Tribute episode of American Choppers

Magazines
Easyrider
American Rider
American Chopper
Hot Bike
Robb Report

Magazine Covers
Easyrider
Hot Rod Bikes
Barnett

Celebrity Builds
Hulk Hogan - Wrestler
Brad Whitford - Aerosmith
Rubin Brown - NFL Player
Tony Stewart - NASCAR
Greg Zippadelli - NASCAR
Kyle Petty - NASCAR
Ray Everham - NASCAR
Ricky Rocket - Poison Band

Honors
1998-2000 Member, Camel Roadhouse Tour
2001 Inducted into Sturgis Motorcycle Museum and Hall of Fame
2003 Named "Best Custom Fabricated Bike Builder" by Easyriders Magazine/V-Twin Magazine
2003 Inducted into National Motorcycle Museum and Hall of Fame (Anamosa, IA)
2005 Member, Easyriders Centerfold Tour
2005 Received "Life Time Achievement Award" by Easyriders Magazine/V-Twin Magazine
2006 Discovery Channel Biker Build-off Winner

Pretty impressive... :xyxthumbs:

The best advice I can give you when it comes to taking care of paint that's important to you is to make sure that ANYTHING that touches it is of the highest quality you can obtain.

The paint job right now should be flawless, that is no swirls, no scratches, no tracers or pigtails. I'm going to guess at this level of work after painting the components of the bike were sanded, compounded and then polished, if it's a fresh paint job there's probably no wax or paint sealant on it yet, probably just a hand applied glaze like Meguiar's #7 Show Car Glaze or 3M's Imperial Hand Glaze.

The point is, it should be flawless and assuming it is then remember that the way swirls and scratches get into paint depends upon how the paint is touched...

So make sure everything that touches the paint is the highest quality you can obtain... this includes any microfiber polishing towels that you wipe the paint with, any wax applicator pads, any buffing pads if you ever do any machine polishing. Should the bike ever be washed, then the wash mitts, sponges and brushes as well as the car wash solution need to be of the highest quality too...

Maintaining a true show car finish all comes down to how the paint is touched...

Now how about some pictures?

:)

Cliffnopus
08-17-2010, 11:01 AM
Hi Mike, Thanks for the welcome along with all the others. I got my new bike in 2009, the first year for the Tri-Glides and sent it off during the Winter. I know I'm crazy, I can't leave anything stock - :laughing:

Anyway, I had an idea of what I wanted to do and discussed it in great detail with Dave - who, by the way, is approachable, personable and a real nice guy. We went through all of his paint samples and picked out Candy Tangerine over an orange glow base (very metallic but not flake) and Brandywine pearl. I wanted to black-out a lot of the chrome, but not all of it, so more than 45 parts were either painted or powdercoated.

Here's a few pics :

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/1049/smp1000049.jpg

http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/8180/smp1000051.jpg

http://img806.imageshack.us/img806/332/smp1000053.jpg

Dave still has the rear tour pack to complete once he returns from Sturgis. He's told me not to touch the paint for at least three months, unless I use a quick detailer like Captain Richards Best or, from what I've read about at Autogeek - OID (which I have ordered). But NO wax for three months.

Enjoy, Cliff

Meghan
08-17-2010, 01:42 PM
Welcome to the forum, originally from Beverly Mass, VERY nice paint job!
I think some S100 wax, when you are ready will look really nice on that paint!

SeaJay's
08-17-2010, 04:12 PM
Welcome! Chelmsford, MA here. The New Englander's seem to be coming out of the wood work these past few weeks!

Cliffnopus
08-17-2010, 04:21 PM
Welcome! Chelmsford, MA here. The New Englander's seem to be coming out of the wood work these past few weeks!

Must be something in the water. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Cliff

Bobby B.
08-17-2010, 04:34 PM
Awesome Harley and welcome to AutogeekOnline!

BobbyG
08-18-2010, 11:10 AM
Welcome Cliff, I live in your neck of the woods over in Rehoboth.....:xyxthumbs:

You're right, if you're not careful this place will affect your retirement plans!!

Cliffnopus
08-20-2010, 12:17 PM
Welcome Cliff, I live in your neck of the woods over in Rehoboth.....:xyxthumbs:

You're right, if you're not careful this place will affect your retirement plans!!

Got that right Bobby, I've already inputted two orders and I'm forcing myself to sit on my hands before I get completely undone. :laughing:

By the way......nice Vette.

Cliff