PDA

View Full Version : Cleaned up my headlights

cwpcasey
08-16-2010, 01:40 PM
Sorry but I forgot to take before pictures :doh:.. But this is the after. They were pretty bad and a dark yellow to start with to get a better idea.

1. CG Swirl & Haze remover on LC Orange Flat
2. CG Nano Polish on LC White Flat
3. Blackfire Carnauba Paste Wax

Work done with a PC

Enjoy.

Bullitt AK
08-16-2010, 02:47 PM
wish i could have seen befores but looks really good man, i tried one of those kits on mine but i couldn't get it to work...it did a little bit but nowhere near where they need to be...could anyone give me any suggestions for mine? they aren't yellow really they are just pitted pretty good...should i follow the same procedure you did or would i need something heavier?

03TorchedMach1
08-16-2010, 03:14 PM
wish i could have seen befores but looks really good man, i tried one of those kits on mine but i couldn't get it to work...it did a little bit but nowhere near where they need to be...could anyone give me any suggestions for mine? they aren't yellow really they are just pitted pretty good...should i follow the same procedure you did or would i need something heavier?

I bought the kit for my Mustang headlights but was told just to buy new headlights, which I'm going to do now because I want the smoked headlights and taillights.

Bullitt AK
08-16-2010, 03:15 PM
yeah i was prolly going to just scrap them if there wasnt some combo with the PC i could use

hugh
08-17-2010, 02:57 PM
cwpcasey:
The restoration came up really good, what does CP stand for in your products used, both in the swirl remover & nano polisher?
Keep up the fine work,
Hugh

cwpcasey
08-17-2010, 03:13 PM

It should. Sometimes the damage is on the inside, but from I can tell it looks like its on the outside. My brother was going to buy a "kit" and I told him watch this and I did my headlights and he was blown away..

cwpcasey
08-17-2010, 03:14 PM
cwpcasey:
The restoration came up really good, what does CP stand for in your products used, both in the swirl remover & nano polisher?
Keep up the fine work,
Hugh

Its CG, and its Chemical Guys.

Cliffnopus
08-17-2010, 04:26 PM
Work done with a PC

Enjoy.
Was that a Dell or an HP??

Cliff

cwpcasey
08-17-2010, 06:22 PM
PC is Porter Cable... The Porter Cable DA...

Cliffnopus
08-17-2010, 07:18 PM
PC is Porter Cable... The Porter Cable DA...

Gotcha! I hate acronyms with a passion, we used them all the time in my engineering field. I don't know how many meetings I was in where a new acronym would be used and no one would ask what it was for fear of looking stupid or unhip.

Cliff

mikek753
08-17-2010, 10:25 PM
yes, your work looks good :xyxthumbs:
The question is - how to you protect it?
Meaning you might need to redo it in 3 - 6 months.
I'm not expert, however when I done restoration before and didn't protect it, just used wax, it soon came back with haze.
You may check for this thread (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/19021-headlight-restoration-new-uv-sealant-idea.html)
I used this method and will see how long it will last this time.