PDA

View Full Version : Another Newb Plan of attack for first time Detail

tommypenguin
08-15-2010, 07:14 PM
Hello everyone, how's it going? I'm well, just getting into detailing my Black 2010 Accord with a PC XP. I've never worked on detailing a car with a machine before and have done the best I can to educate myself. My car has light swirl marks in it, and some deeper ones in the clear bra on the front bumper. I would like to lay out my plan of attack for the detail which should commence next weekend if all products have arrived by then. I already have the Klasse AIO, Klasse Sealant, and S100 Wax. Please provide me some guidance on my plan.

1. Wash Car using 2 bucket method with grit guards.
2. Clay car.
3. Wash car again.
4. Polish paint using M205 or another comparable polish using a white pad on test area, orange pad if necessary.
5. Wash car again.
6. Apply Klasse AIO using white pad.
7. Apply Klasse Sealant using black pad.
8. Apply S100 Carnuba paste wax using Blue pad.

tommypenguin
08-15-2010, 07:32 PM
I tried taking some pics but they didn't come out well so I took a video of the bad scuffs in the clear bra on the hood and front bumper. Hope this sheds light on the appropriate steps necessary to remedy the deep scuffs in the clear bra and the swirls...

Accord :: VIDEO0043.mp4 video by tommypenguin - Photobucket (http://s997.photobucket.com/albums/af94/tommypenguin/Accord/?action=view&current=VIDEO0043.mp4)

tommypenguin
08-19-2010, 06:17 PM
Any tips or links for getting the scuffs out of the clear bra?

Paulie12ATT
08-19-2010, 09:44 PM
Isn't it amazing how new vehicles are kept before you buy them. You should go back to the dealer and make him pay for all the work you are going to need. But anyway, just look around the forum, because this question is asked very often and needs a lengthy answer. But you do not need to keep washing your car as long as you keep wiping it down while you are claying, and correcting. Have fun.
Paul