PDA

View Full Version : Klasse AIO on windows

Whitethunder46
11-16-2006, 03:26 PM
I know many of you love AIO on windows. Do you guys just apply with MF or a pad applicator?

Can I use a grey or blue LC/Edge Pad and basically polish/wax/seal the glass all at once? I figure doing this would be very easy to prevent streaking since it's not a watery substance and more of a wax.

I would:
1.) If I'm only cleaning the windows, quick wipe with a cheap glass cleaner (Stoners, etc.)
2.) PC w/ grey/blue pad and AIO

Think this would work ok?

ryandamartini
11-16-2006, 03:52 PM
works fine.

Top with RainX for extended protection if you wish.

Surfer
11-16-2006, 03:55 PM
RainX blahhhh. I use AIO with an 4" orange cutting pad, since it's a chemical cleaner, the action of the pc and pad works very well. I've had AIO on my glass since March/April and the water still beaded right off. I never liked RainX, I always ended up with hazzyness on the glass when driving at night from the wipers streaking, not fun with the reflection lights and everything on the highway.

Use any pad and the PC and you'll be fine.

Whitethunder46
11-16-2006, 06:12 PM
I just figure sine AIO is like a wax, and then add that with the PC and a lighter pad, it should buff right off. Easy way to avoid streaking, hazing, etc etc.

BILL
11-16-2006, 06:34 PM
I use a foamy and wipe off with a micro fiber towel.......very happy:)

Whitethunder46
11-16-2006, 09:10 PM
Maybe I should re-phrase: Do you use AIO as a cleaner and a protectant for beading at once? Or do you clean with a glass cleaner (stoners, etc) and then apply AIO.

Excessive Detail
11-16-2006, 09:11 PM
I always use aio on windows, works magic and a hell of a lot easier than rainx, if you have spotted windows get some dp glass restorer, magic in a bottle, then put some aio on. Perfection. Use stoners to maintain, and aio can be a cleaner/protectant.

William's_Detail
11-16-2006, 09:26 PM
RainX blahhhh. I use AIO with an 4" orange cutting pad, since it's a chemical cleaner, the action of the pc and pad works very well. I've had AIO on my glass since March/April and the water still beaded right off. I never liked RainX, I always ended up with hazzyness on the glass when driving at night from the wipers streaking, not fun with the reflection lights and everything on the highway.

Use any pad and the PC and you'll be fine.

:iagree:
The night driving is terrible with Rain-X.

agpatel21
11-16-2006, 09:35 PM
clean glass w/ a cheap cleaner to get rid of all surface crap, then use some AIO to make it POP and protect it..

sparkie
11-16-2006, 09:45 PM
AIO is outstanding on glass, last detail I done I used DG#105.
Im the MAN Im the MAN Im the MAN Im the MAN Im the MAN

scottinflorida
11-16-2006, 10:15 PM
I use the DP Glass Cleaner first with a microfiber towel and then rub on AIO with a microfiber pad and then immediately remove with a MF towel.

I'm pretty weird about my windows and this is the combination that I like best.

I agree with the others regarding RainX. Although it is easy to apply it's very difficult to remove properly and I too see a nasty haze when driving at night. It's also damn expensive.

I do however use the RainX windshield product in my wifes van.

S>

Surfer
11-17-2006, 01:12 AM
Glad I'm not the only one that had that problem with RainX, what a sh!t product. I had to drive faster then normal one night going up to the lakehouse b/c it started to rain and I guess between that and the humidity the windshield hazed with the wipers and I couldn't see the road. I had to cruise at 90 in the rain just so I could make out the road and everything and not use the wipers. I'm lucky I didn't get pulled over, not a road you want to be ticketed on, SR-27 for the Floridians lol.

BILL
11-17-2006, 07:52 AM
clean glass w/ a cheap cleaner to get rid of all surface crap, then use some AIO to make it POP and protect it..

:iagree: :)

supercharged
11-17-2006, 10:08 AM
I agree. Especially when you clay your windshield once a month or so, then use AIO on it.
Im the MAN Im the MAN Im the MAN