PDA

View Full Version : Do I boil towels in plain water or add soap?

Silverstone
08-15-2010, 03:58 PM
I have MF towels with WGDGPS in them that just won't come out after multiple washings so I'm going to try boiling them. Do you put anything in the water?

Rsurfer
08-15-2010, 04:10 PM
I have MF towels with WGDGPS in them that just won't come out after multiple washings so I'm going to try boiling them. Do you put anything in the water?Did you try soaking in some APC. If you boil it just use plain water and then wash with detergent.

Silverstone
08-15-2010, 04:37 PM
Did you try soaking in some APC. If you boil it just use plain water and then wash with detergent.

I don't have any particular APC - at least not a car care product. I tried a Laurl Sulfate and Betane based all purpose household cleaner that worked about like dawn for some towels. I tried simple green, first rubbed in straight, and then at about 3 cups in about 3 quarts of hot water. No luck. They've been washed in dawn and other soaps about 5 times. A few hold some water (slowly) and have been separated out. I just have the worst of the worst left to boil.

These are the same towels from the Expert board thread, I just needed a quick answer on the boiling procedure since I have some time right now to do it. Thanks for the quick response.

That sealant is brutal! Are they all this hard to wash out? I don't think I had this trouble from my previous sealant, KSG, but then again maybe that's in there too! :(