PDA

View Full Version : best route on chip repair?

offthahorseceo
08-14-2010, 11:57 PM
my boss's son isnt very thoughtful sometimes but he cant help it.

the other day he moved some signs with metal bases from his vehicle to mine, instead of putting them in the car, he tossed them at my hood.

one of the tips of the metal base took a chip the size of a small BB out of the paint on the hood.

his father (my boss) apologized profusely and offered to pay for the repair. hes already been VERY generous to me so i feel like if i can fix it ill do that and let it be.

whats the best way to fix a paint chip?

offthahorseceo
08-26-2010, 10:43 AM
man, not even one response.

I DID search btw, nothing came up except for people talkin about the 3M clear bras or showing pictures of a full detail they did with a brief mention of rock chip repair but no details on the procedure they used.

please, any help would be great

dublifecrisis
08-26-2010, 11:51 AM
Dr. Colorchip

mcpp66
08-26-2010, 12:33 PM
I've used Dr. Colorchip and it's pretty good. That's a tough position, I'm sure you do want him to pay for the repair but being that he's your boss it puts you in the position of not accepting his offer. Too bad his kid was careless and irresponsible.

Cliffnopus
08-26-2010, 12:40 PM
Have the kid whacked.

Oh...sorry...did I say that out loud???

Dwayne
08-26-2010, 01:18 PM
Sorry to hear about the paint chip in the hood.

The Dr. ColorChip sounds like a great idea...

:idea:

Dwayne
08-26-2010, 04:00 PM
Such a great idea that we have been working with Dr. ColorChip to bring it to Autogeek!

Dr. ColorChip Paint Chip Repair Systems at Autogeek (http://www.autogeek.net/dr-colorchip-paint-chip-repair.html)