PDA

View Full Version : Startup Flex order

Vjeszczi
08-14-2010, 09:41 PM
It will likely be a while before I can actually place this order, but I wanted to get input on it to see what I may need to add or change.

This will be my first DA, and for me the pro's outweigh the con's for saving for the FLEX

Thank you in advance for your input!

Wolfgang FLEX XC3401 Concours Polishing Kit
Lake Country 6.5 FLAT Pads 6 Pack - Your Choice! [remove]

* Pad 1 : Orange
* Pad 2 : Orange
* Pad 3 : Orange
* Pad 4 : Orange
* Pad 5 : Orange
* Pad 6 : Cyan

* Pad 1 : White
* Pad 2 : White
* Pad 3 : White
* Pad 4 : White
* Pad 5 : White
* Pad 6 : Tangerine

* Pad 1 : Gray
* Pad 2 : Gray
* Pad 3 : Gray
* Pad 4 : Blue
* Pad 5 : Blue
* Pad 6 : Crimson

Grit Guard Universal Pad Washer Free Bonus! [remove]
Meguiars Paint Reconditioning Cream D151 [remove]
Pinnacle XMT Pad Care Combo [remove]
DP Polishing Pad Rejuvenator

ScottB
08-15-2010, 09:45 AM
The Flex is a great choice and indeed worth saving up for as possible. In a home setting you can likely get away with 6 pads (2 orange, 2 white, and 2 finishing) at first. Then add pads as you make additional orders to build your collection. Concentrate on polishes and most with suggest Menzerna, Wolfgang, or Megs. These are best offered in two steps with a medium swirl buster and a lighter finishing.

Vjeszczi
08-15-2010, 12:11 PM
With the polishes, isn't that what comes with the Flex package, the TSR and WFG? From what I have read D151 cut is based on the pad type used, or would 105/205 be better?

The general consensus is that TSR/WFG are the most "beginner friendly" polishes which is what I would be starting with, but I like the appeal of D151 as only having to have one polish that I can use for multiple applications

2kredbb6
08-15-2010, 12:27 PM
Great Machine! Got the same kit 2 weeks ago FANTASTIC!!
Not sure about the XMT pad Combo..

FinalTouchAuto
08-15-2010, 01:22 PM
I had my PC for 3 years and just got my Flex this week...very glad I got it and wish I had been using it when it first came out :)

ScottB
08-15-2010, 06:23 PM
With the polishes, isn't that what comes with the Flex package, the TSR and WFG? From what I have read D151 cut is based on the pad type used, or would 105/205 be better?

The general consensus is that TSR/WFG are the most "beginner friendly" polishes which is what I would be starting with, but I like the appeal of D151 as only having to have one polish that I can use for multiple applications

sorry I missed the kit, so many of them to remember the products within. Another nice one choice might be Menzerna 203c.