PDA

View Full Version : Crow's Feet (I think thats what it's called)

ynkjeter
04-11-2006, 03:52 PM
I've recently discovered that my car has had a paint job before i purchased it. Overall, it came out well, except there are crow's feet (pretty sure thats what they call it) on the hood. My mechanic has told me that whoever painted it did not use primer before painting the car, and thats why i have this defect. He also told me there is no way to fix this unless i repaint. I'm sure he's right, but I figured I'd ask anyways... is there any product i can use to remove or at least hide these annoying marks all over my hood? I take care of my car so well, and it kills me to look at these everytime i finish waxing.

-nick

Neothin
04-11-2006, 04:28 PM
crows feet... there's a new term... does it look like the paint is cracked? If so, just find something with alot of fillers and hope for the best

ynkjeter
04-11-2006, 05:03 PM
Yeah, I'll see if i can get a picture, but it basically looks like tiny cracks underneath the clearcoat, its unlike swirls because basically, its not directly on the surface... they also seem a little more noticeable

Mike T
04-11-2006, 05:35 PM
I bought my car a year ago and I found the same thing to be appearing on the hood of my car.