PDA

View Full Version : Using Rotarybuffer/Circular polisher for detailing

Pages : [1] 2

njaferi
08-13-2010, 07:11 PM
I have seen many posts about he DA polishers. I searched but could not find any how to articles about Circular polishers. I am new to this game and want to get a the experts here break down step by step procedure.

what speed to use ? what pad ? which produce ?

Mike has the protercable How to and a video, some thing like that will be great.

Mike if you have time at hand Video will be really good, but a How to article will be helpful as well

Thanks
:work::work:

RTexasF
08-13-2010, 08:19 PM
There are how to videos on this site for practically every DA buffer ever made. I suggest you look with a bit more effort.

ASPHALT ROCKET
08-13-2010, 08:44 PM
There are how to videos on this site for practically every DA buffer ever made. I suggest you look with a bit more effort.

He is looking for rotary videos.

Rsurfer
08-13-2010, 08:44 PM
Read his post again, he's looking for a vid on a rotary not a DA.:doh:

Rsurfer
08-13-2010, 08:46 PM
Hey son you beat me by 2 seconds.:mad:

ASPHALT ROCKET
08-13-2010, 09:04 PM

It must suck getting old dad, better luck next time.:dblthumb2:

DARK HORSE
08-13-2010, 09:08 PM

Keep that up, and Uncle Ron will take away your Rotaries and give you a Griots mini polisher for ALL correction work. (I know, I know you'd do a great job with it, but it would take you longer)...:laughing:

Rsurfer
08-13-2010, 09:18 PM
It must suck getting old dad, better luck next time.:dblthumb2:It does suck, but since I got you out of the house there is peace in the family.

ASPHALT ROCKET
08-13-2010, 09:20 PM
It does suck, but since I got you out of the house there is peace in the family.

LOL!!!!!, that's awesome.

S2K
08-13-2010, 09:27 PM

Interesting

DARK HORSE
08-13-2010, 09:49 PM
Interesting

Why is it interesting? This is a family friendly forum...lol...:laughing:

JonMiles
08-13-2010, 10:50 PM
I have seen many posts about he DA polishers. I searched but could not find any how to articles about Circular polishers. I am new to this game and want to get a the experts here break down step by step procedure.

what speed to use ? what pad ? which produce ?

Mike has the protercable How to and a video, some thing like that will be great.

Mike if you have time at hand Video will be really good, but a How to article will be helpful as well

Thanks
:work::work:

In order to break down step by step it is necessary to judge the amount of correction needed on the vehicle. But as an example using a makita and menzerna polishes on an oxidized finish with some rids, providing the cut is appropriate. powergloss on an orange ccs pad at 1600-1800 rpms for 6 section passes, follow with sip on a white ccs pad at 1400-1600 rpms for 8 passes to bring back clarity, and finally finish out with po85rd with a grey or blue pad to jewel the paint to perfection at 1200-1400 rpms for 4 passes with medium pressure then lighten up for 4 passes.

This is just an example and work time and pressure will affect the number of passes to fully break down the diminishing abrasives. Its all about experience for this (the color, consistency of the polish) With a makita I normally spread at speed 1 (600 rpms then lift off and set my rpms where i feel is necessary)

bimmersales
08-14-2010, 01:28 AM

Hey man,
My dad's got a flat tire, can you give me a hand? I'm new to this whole jack and lug wrench thing!!!!!!

p.s.
bring some TIRE SHINE with you

ASPHALT ROCKET
08-14-2010, 01:37 AM
Hey man,
My dad's got a flat tire, can you give me a hand? I'm new to this whole jack and lug wrench thing!!!!!!

p.s.
bring some TIRE SHINE with you

Sure, I am on the way, what brand tire shine do you need.

redg35
08-14-2010, 04:27 PM
You guys are to funny.