PDA

View Full Version : Added Polycharger H2O to OID and DG AW...

Old Tiger
08-13-2010, 01:43 PM
Made for a supercharged DG AW and a more difficult OID. First the bad result with OID @4:1 dilution rate and a drop of Polycharger per 4 oz was a spray that streaked like crazy and was very hard to clean up. OID is finicky anyway in SC summer humidity. Once I got it removed it seemed OK but not too different from regular OID. I have added more water to the mix in hopes it will eliminate streakiness, but havent tried it yet.
OTOH the DG AW mix was great! No streaks , super slick and appeared more glossy than DG AW alone. We had some rain yesterday and the beading was very goodd . I couldnt see any signs of waterspotting on the Ford this morning.
I have alot of detail sprays and a few more waxes to experiment with, I know I will use Polycharged DG AW as a go to product. Unless the more diluted OID improves I will drop that one off my list. Next up will be FK425 and XMT Spray Wax.

rwright
08-13-2010, 02:36 PM
I find it hard to believe that DG AW can get any better! How is it when using on a wet surface as opposed to a dry surface?

Old Tiger
08-13-2010, 02:46 PM
I find it hard to believe that DG AW can get any better! How is it when using on a wet surface as opposed to a dry surface?
I havent tried it yet. Pinnacle and Four Star have POlycharger and they work great as a drying agent. I will wash the gray beast this weekend and let you know for sure!

rwright
08-13-2010, 02:50 PM
Cool. I may end up ordering the kit to tinker myself. Getting ready to order some DP stuff and a couple items are listed on the mixing chart. :hungry:

Old Tiger
08-13-2010, 03:51 PM
Cool. I may end up ordering the kit to tinker myself. Getting ready to order some DP stuff and a couple items are listed on the mixing chart. :hungry:
It is fun! You can add the PC H2O and not have to worry about shelf life . The CH2 has an accelerant and needs to be used within 48 hrs of mixing. The sealants *I use already have PC (UPGP and BFWD)

POPPAJ
08-13-2010, 07:46 PM
It is fun! You can add the PC H2O and not have to worry about shelf life . The CH2 has an accelerant and needs to be used within 48 hrs of mixing. The sealants *I use already have PC (UPGP and BFWD)

Gotta believe that sealants that have PC already added must be a very weak dose as noted if you follow the instructions you must use within 48 hrs.

Old Tiger
08-16-2010, 11:54 AM
I think they leave out the accelerant, but dont know for sure.

Tom Weed
08-16-2010, 12:52 PM
Hey Old Tiger,

I PolyCharged 1 oz. of the H20 with 4 oz. of FK425 earlier this summer. Before it got hot and humid the stuff looked great, but once it became humid, it streaks like crazy on our black vehicles, so much so that I've stopped using it on dark vehicles. I've also PolyCharged Blackfire Deep Gloss Spray Sealant which is supposed to already be PC'd with the same dilution 1-4 oz. with great resuts, even in this weather. Maybe a tad streaky on black, but if your careful, it looks great.

I've got a scrap hood I got from the Junkyard this past spring to play with, I sanded it and buffed it out and was going to do a wax test on it, but got curious about doing the Roll on jobs I've seen people talk about such as like at rolledon.com. I didn't have much luck in the beginning, but have changed some things I'm doing now and once I get it looking good (if that's possible) I will tape it off and do some wax testing and do some PC'd versus non PC'd tests on it. I plan on leaving it outside during the up coming winter if I can find a place to hide it outside where the gf doesn't see it and see how the waxes hold up.

I know the rolled on hood is for another thread and will start one once I get far enough along on it.

Old Tiger
08-17-2010, 07:07 PM
Hey Old Tiger,

I PolyCharged 1 oz. of the H20 with 4 oz. of FK425 earlier this summer. Before it got hot and humid the stuff looked great, but once it became humid, it streaks like crazy on our black vehicles, so much so that I've stopped using it on dark vehicles. I've also PolyCharged Blackfire Deep Gloss Spray Sealant which is supposed to already be PC'd with the same dilution 1-4 oz. with great resuts, even in this weather. Maybe a tad streaky on black, but if your careful, it looks great.

I've got a scrap hood I got from the Junkyard this past spring to play with, I sanded it and buffed it out and was going to do a wax test on it, but got curious about doing the Roll on jobs I've seen people talk about such as like at rolledon.com. I didn't have much luck in the beginning, but have changed some things I'm doing now and once I get it looking good (if that's possible) I will tape it off and do some wax testing and do some PC'd versus non PC'd tests on it. I plan on leaving it outside during the up coming winter if I can find a place to hide it outside where the gf doesn't see it and see how the waxes hold up.

I know the rolled on hood is for another thread and will start one once I get far enough along on it.
It has been very humid this summer in SC and is the hottest in the 10 years Ive lived here. THe DG AW has been immune to it and has been fantastic. I washed the Ford after a week of charged DG AW on it, When I reapplied it after washing I noticed it was slicker than usual after a wash. Did you notice this. I also boosted WG Spray Sealant and tried it on the XLR. It was very similar to the DG AW. The OID streaked horribly. I havent tried boosted FK yet, but I will soon. The BF HGS is a sealant too. So can we assume pure synthetics work better boosted than do detail sprays? Maybe so. I will try the OID again when it cools down this fall. I will try Dodo Red Mist next weekend and update you! Thanks Tom!!

Old Tiger
08-17-2010, 07:13 PM
Hey Old Tiger,

Tom I think you meant to say you added 1 drop per 4 oz.