PDA

View Full Version : detailing new car

agstacker
08-13-2010, 12:31 PM
Hey everyone! I bought a brand new car and was thinking of using this method and products. I've had the car for two weeks and this would be my first detail on the car!

-wash car optimum soap
-clay with pinnacle ultra poly clay and lubricant
-xmt 360 (aio) apply with pc7424xp white lc 5.5 in flat pad
-possible meguiars carnauba hi-tech yellow wax 26 or optimum opti-seal for (lsp) if necessary

or should I:

-wash car optimum soap
-wolfgang finishing glaze 3.0 apply with pc7424xp white lc 5.5 in flat pad
-wolfgang deep gloss sealant 3.0 apply with pc7424xp blue lc 5.5 in flat pad
-possible meguiars carnauba hi-tech yellow wax 26 the next day for the (lsp) if necessary

I left out wolfgang total swirl remover 3.0 as my first step because I'm thinking the finishing glaze would be all I need for light swirl remover? Can I do that?

Any other combinations,tips or suggestions is appreciated. I'am a beginner and these are products that I already own, but I'm open to other ideas. Overall I believe the cars paint is in great condition and my objective is to clean and protect. Thank you!

Here is a quik photo of the car early this morning in my garage.

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z150/JeremyDie1/007.jpg

ICEMAN
08-13-2010, 12:33 PM
nice new ride!!! basically just get a light and check it out. if its swirled pretty good, go with the 3.0. if its not bad, then your second set of steps would be fine/

agstacker
08-13-2010, 12:56 PM
nice new ride!!! basically just get a light and check it out. if its swirled pretty good, go with the 3.0. if its not bad, then your second set of steps would be fine/

Thanks! By saying second step, you mean the xmt 360? I only saw very light swirls from most likely the quik detail from the dealership. I thought the best chance for me to use the all in one would be with a brand new car. :)

ICEMAN
08-13-2010, 01:33 PM
Thanks! By saying second step, you mean the xmt 360? I only saw very light swirls from most likely the quik detail from the dealership. I thought the best chance for me to use the all in one would be with a brand new car. :)

i meant your second choice of a detail, i quoted it below...

or should I:

-wash car optimum soap
-wolfgang finishing glaze 3.0 apply with pc7424xp white lc 5.5 in flat pad
-wolfgang deep gloss sealant 3.0 apply with pc7424xp blue lc 5.5 in flat pad
-possible meguiars carnauba hi-tech yellow wax 26 the next day for the (lsp) if necessary

agstacker
08-13-2010, 01:40 PM
Ok thanks!

agstacker
08-14-2010, 08:43 AM
Any other combinations,tips or suggestions?

Munich77
08-14-2010, 10:02 AM
Your plan sounds good... rather than putting on carnuba on as an LSP I would just use the sealant as an LSP - and maybe two coats. Congrats on the new E-class.

DARK HORSE
08-14-2010, 10:10 AM
Your plan sounds good... rather than putting on carnuba on as an LSP I would just use the sealant as an LSP - and maybe two coats. Congrats on the new E-class.

:whs: If your after durability and great looks Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant is an excellent choice for a LSP! Remember XMT360 fills quite a bit. If you need light to moderate correction (and desire true correction vs. filling) go for the TSR and FG. Even if you don't need the TSR right now, you will at some point in the future...

PS: Very nice ride...SWEEEEET!

superd
08-16-2010, 10:52 AM
:whs: If your after durability and great looks Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant is an excellent choice for a LSP! Remember XMT360 fills quite a bit. If you need light to moderate correction (and desire true correction vs. filling) go for the TSR and FG. Even if you don't need the TSR right now, you will at some point in the future...

PS: Very nice ride...SWEEEEET!

:iagree:
Dark horse is spot on! I have a white car also and did the TSR, FG, WGDGPS, and then topped it off with a layer of Fuzion and the paint has never looked better. Watch the BOGO's the mini is due to be back soon. Good looking car, it will be fun to baby.
:xyxthumbs: