PDA

View Full Version : Is D151 a good one-step cleaner/wax

nabisco shine
08-13-2010, 01:40 AM
mr phillaps i bought 2 gallons of the d151 is that a 1 step detail? i love it its fast and leaves shine,and little protection..

Mike Phillips
08-13-2010, 07:54 AM
mr phillips i bought 2 gallons of the d151 is that a 1 step detail? i love it its fast and leaves shine,and little protection..

D151 is a good one-step cleaner/wax, it does just what it claims it will do, clean, polish and protect in one-step. It uses SMAT for abrasive technology and I think primarily Carnauba blended with some synthetic ingredients for protection.

Versatile in that it can be used by hand, DA or with a rotary buffer and it's competitively prices.

The thing with all cleaner/waxes is that the worse the condition of the finish the wetter or heavier you want to use the cleaner/wax. You want plenty of "liquid" on the surface working for you. It's very different than using a finishing wax where you're usually trying to lay down a thin coating and thus you'll tend to use the product sparingly.

:)

BenSRT
08-13-2010, 04:11 PM
is not possible for me to buy D151 in Canada,and to a alternative idea I think to M06.At witch speed do you work the M06 with a Porter Cable and white polishing pad?

Mike Phillips
08-13-2010, 04:19 PM
is not possible for me to buy D151 in Canada,and to a alternative idea I think to M06.At witch speed do you work the M06 with a Porter Cable and white polishing pad?

On the 5.0 to 6.0 speed setting... M06 been around a l-o-n-g time... consistent, time proven effective cleaner/wax. The paste version, M19 came in a really cool looking read can... now discontinued...

:)

BenSRT
08-14-2010, 10:36 AM
thanks Mike!:xyxthumbs:

trhland
08-14-2010, 10:46 AM
the only 1 step i ever bought was xmt 360. and i was blown away with the results. did ever thing it says it did. if i was detailing for profit. i would for sure use this product huge time savor. im sure theres alot of others out there just as good. but i feel inlove with this one. soi stuck with it ..