PDA

View Full Version : Optimum Hyper Compound or others

tuscarora dave
08-12-2010, 09:57 PM
Can anyone here tell me about this product? Things I would like to know about it are:1. is it something that would work well on ceramiclear finishes or other really hard clear coats? 2. Does it work well in direct sun or does it dry instantly? I have been in search of a product that works well in the direct sun (where I work) That cuts fast and doesn't dry up too fast. I use and get by with M-105 but it is a pain in the sun as it dries too fast. Any other recommendations would be welcome in this thread.

Chris Thomas
08-12-2010, 10:52 PM
It cuts great, is somewhat adjustable with pad selection, will not dry to fast unless the panel its self is hot and then it still wont dust. Some are saying they can't get the cut that M105 offers, but that is not my experience...I just think they have adjusted to working with the M105 and not used OHC enough. The sprayable versions of OHC and OHP were developed for hard clear coats. OHC has non diminishing micro abrasives and OHP has both diminishing and non diminishing.

tuscarora dave
08-13-2010, 01:28 AM
It cuts great, is somewhat adjustable with pad selection, will not dry to fast unless the panel its self is hot and then it still wont dust. Some are saying they can't get the cut that M105 offers, but that is not my experience...I just think they have adjusted to working with the M105 and not used OHC enough. The sprayable versions of OHC and OHP were developed for hard clear coats. OHC has non diminishing micro abrasives and OHP has both diminishing and non diminishing.
Sounds like a winner. Thanks for the info. I'll give it a shot.