PDA

View Full Version : Best method to shampoo carpet

Silver Fox
11-15-2006, 08:29 PM
I have a black carpet. It has a couple of stains on it but mostly I'm interested in a good product to use, as well as the best method for do it your self cleaning?

DHM

ryandamartini
11-15-2006, 08:32 PM
theres lots.

Read up:
http://autogeek.net/interior.html

Products:
http://autogeek.net/carup.html

Do you have a PC ? The scrub brush and some APC can do wonders so I hear. Coupled with a strong shop vac, you should have a winner! :)

joe.p
11-15-2006, 08:34 PM
Folex , kids and pets would be a great cleaner to start with..

Excessive Detail
11-15-2006, 10:02 PM
Folex or woolite are what I use, folex seems to work better than woolite, but woolite is cheaper cause you can dilute it how ever you want it.

Juztang
11-15-2006, 10:22 PM
Another vote for Folex. I use it all the time and love the results.

Neothin
11-15-2006, 10:35 PM
folex i use on trouble spots, for just general cleaning 7:1 meg's APC works great. can be a little difficult to completely remove though.

Whitethunder46
11-15-2006, 10:42 PM
Would a 5HP, 4gal RIGID, be a strong enough shop vac to suck up moisture, residue, etc etc.?

joe.p
11-15-2006, 11:07 PM
woolite may be difficult to compltely remove the suds . I would use a spray bottle with water to mist the carpet place the folex in a 2nd spray bottle mist the entire area don't over soak the carpet agititate with a brush then use a damp towel to remove the water and soil..then use the shop vac to remove any remaining soil and water.. be sure not to over suds the carpet any soap you don't remove will hold and trap the dirt..

sparkie
11-16-2006, 09:33 AM
:iagree: with everybody, all will work.

FloridaNative
11-16-2006, 02:09 PM
Folex, oxy clean, kids'n pets for stains a good APC for interior cleaning. :)

justin_murphy
11-16-2006, 03:39 PM
I use woolite for light cleaning. I use a damp MF to scrub the stains up. Sucks them right up. For deeper cleaning, I use Meg's APC cut 8:1 and 4:1 for heavy spots. It has softeners and optical brightners that really help out. I use a spray bott of water and my vac to get the soap out. Then, crank the vehicle and turn the heat onto the floor with AC on. Crack the windows too. The AC will draw moisture out while the heat dries. The cracked window lets the moisture escape.

Al-53
11-16-2006, 03:56 PM
As Justin said..it is very important to remove the soap completely or it actually will become a dirt magnet the residue will adhere dirt fast...soap gets in the backing and slowly wicks up again....

pro carpet cleaning detergents are made to rinse cleaner leaving no residue...one I use makes 34 gallons of cleaner from 1 gallon of product...and rinses clean with a clear water rinse...

AL