PDA

View Full Version : Anybody ever try this clay?

Silverstone
08-12-2010, 05:29 PM
I was reading a long claying thread and saw some people using no-name clay they got from Ebay. So I went looking and found something called Details Matter detailers clay, sold by Full Speed Auto, for $8.99 + $4.99 shipping for a 200g bar, and was wondering if anyone had experience with this?

I was thinking of getting one coarse bar for use on my glass only and thought any old clay would be fine for that. But then if it's good and safe I'd get the sample pack of all 3 types for use on paint also.

feslope
08-12-2010, 06:08 PM
I was reading a long claying thread and saw some people using no-name clay they got from Ebay. So I went looking and found something called Details Matter detailers clay, sold by Full Speed Auto, for $8.99 + $4.99 shipping for a 200g bar, and was wondering if anyone had experience with this?

I was thinking of getting one coarse bar for use on my glass only and thought any old clay would be fine for that. But then if it's good and safe I'd get the sample pack of all 3 types for use on paint also.I have the 3 clay sample pack but, have not tried any of them yet. Maybe tomorrow.

Silverstone
08-18-2010, 11:29 PM
I have the 3 clay sample pack but, have not tried any of them yet. Maybe tomorrow.

Mine just arrived today but I don't actually have anything that needs claying right now.

Anybody else ever try this stuff?

BobbyG
08-19-2010, 06:16 AM
I've used clay's from Mothers, Meguiar's, 3M, Adams, and Griot's. Keep in mind that these are purely clay for removing surface contaminates and contain no abrasives. My conclusion is they all perform the same and the only differences I see are the packaging, size, color, and cost.