PDA

View Full Version : Paint Reconditioning Cream

PrecisionDetail
08-11-2010, 10:10 PM
I'm interested in trying this product for my shop. Currently we are doing a 2 step process with megs so1o, with a hand wax after. 90% of my work comes from our dealership, my question is if i start using D151 on my cars, am I going to be sacrificing alot in finshed product?

Also about how long can you expect the D151 to last sitting outside on a dealership lot.

thanks!

JonMiles
08-11-2010, 11:37 PM
D151 is great for production work, it is very versatile and saves alot of time if you change your pads for the work. I use it for a few contract jobs with used car lots and have never had a complaint. On darks you can use a dark glaze to make it sellable (that is usually the goal). As far as sitting outside, I wouldn't do it, just grab a bunch of dispenser bottles for 2 bucks a piece and give your guys a bottle. Keep the jug in the ac. If you are planning on putting out show quality work I would look at the menzerna line...easy to work with and very good finish quality.

Erik Mejia
08-12-2010, 01:41 AM
I'm interested in trying this product for my shop. Currently we are doing a 2 step process with megs so1o, with a hand wax after. 90% of my work comes from our dealership, my question is if i start using D151 on my cars, am I going to be sacrificing alot in finshed product?

Also about how long can you expect the D151 to last sitting outside on a dealership lot.

thanks!

I don't think you will be sacrificing anything by using the D151 (PRC.) PRCranks almost equally on the Meg's cut scale when compared to the SO1O polish. It's a great AIO, and is very easy to work with. PRC has always delivered good result for me, and I think it'll do the same for you. It's a great product and should allow you to produce quality work with less steps and products. If you're looking to try some out, but don't want to buy and entire gallon, check out ADS for a 12 or 32oz sample size.

Also, PRC does offer durable protection, so I don't think you should have a problem there.

Mike Phillips
10-21-2010, 04:39 PM
Moved out of Wetsanding, Cutting and Buffing forum group to Detailing 101

:D

AeroCleanse
10-21-2010, 08:55 PM
I don't think D151 lasts very long, but you can wax over it.

C. Charles Hahn
10-21-2010, 11:02 PM
I don't think D151 lasts very long, but you can wax over it.

Durability wise I'd rank it just slightly above the old M66....

D_Nyholm
10-22-2010, 02:35 PM
I know that this polish is pad dependent, but what are you TYPICAL application processes with this polish? I've used Orange (PC) on a black Acura and left slight marring. With white on a Makita, there were buffer trails, and with white on a PC, there really wasn't much correction done and I wasn't really happy with the finish. Could you guys give your TYPICAL application? I'm thinking I should just be using white or green LC pads with the PC on speed 6 and just hope for the best???

Maybe follow up with something like Meg's Synthetic Sealant 2.0 to get a little better finish?

AeroCleanse
10-22-2010, 04:41 PM
On a DA I use the Meg's polishing pad, speed 5 and work slow. For max-cut I use a Meg's wool pad on a rotary. However I found that when I use a rotary, I need to follow up with a DA.