PDA

View Full Version : Dodo Juice and other questions...

Pages : [1] 2

yeebiz
08-11-2010, 07:32 PM
Hello everybody.

Few questions for you. Been floating around for about a month and learned many great things from this forum. Want to ask some questions particular to my car.

I am working with a 2007 Subaru Impreza that is pearl white. I want to get your opinions on how particular products will react with my car.

First off, got my PC this week :dblthumb2:
Picked up megs 105/205 and menz PO85RD. I have LC 5.5" flat orange, white, black, and blue pads.
I know it varies greatly from car to car, but are Subaru paints known for being soft or hard? Any suggestions on a starting point for pad/polish combo? I know about the test section and least aggressive first, I guess I'm just looking for a shortcut. :buffing: Still a little nervous about putting this thing on my paint.

Was thinking about picking up some Dodo Juice Light Fantastic Soft Wax. It is pretty expensive in my eyes. How far does the panel pot (30ml) product go? Can I do my entire car with it?
Any other suggestions to make the pearl white pop?
I already have about 8 sample bottles of Liquid Souveran, 845, FK1000P, and Natty's Paste Wax.
In spray forms I have UPGP, OCW, UQW, and DAW.

Sorry for the long post and so many questions but I guess it boils down to 1 thing. What are your opinions on producing the best looking pearl white car ever!

Thanks for reading this mess.

mchess1
08-11-2010, 07:44 PM
Was thinking about picking up some Dodo Juice Light Fantastic Soft Wax. It is pretty expensive in my eyes. How far does the panel pot (30ml) product go? Can I do my entire car with it?
Any other suggestions to make the pearl white pop?
What are your opinions on producing the best looking pearl white car ever!

I like the Light Fantastic or the Diamond White for a white/silver car, either looks great. I would say going thin on a car I get 3-4 waxes out of the 30 ml pot.

Others for metallic paints I would recommend are Max Wax or Natty Red. You didn't mention which color Natty you have.

Dodo Juice Diamond White Hard Wax, dodojuice, carnauba car wax, wax for light cars, white car wax, diamond car wax, dodo waxes (http://www.autogeek.net/dodo-diamond-white-wax.html)
DP Max Wax- Made with pure carnauba wax and advanced polymers. (http://www.autogeek.net/carnauba-car-wax.html)
Poorboys World Natty’s Paste Wax Red, Natty's Red Wax, Poorboy's carnauba wax, red car wax (http://www.autogeek.net/poorboys-nattys-red-wax.html)

S2K
08-11-2010, 07:48 PM
I guess I'm just looking for a shortcut. :buffing: Still a little nervous about putting this thing on my paint.

I'm a newbie too so I won't comment on how to make the paint look great but I think us newbies starting off should really have some patience so that comment really caught my eye. You are nervous about using your polisher but are looking for a shortcut? I'm kinda nervous about using mine for the first time too so I think that will slow me down and make sure I'm doing things right and it won't matter to me how long it takes.

yeebiz
08-11-2010, 07:53 PM
I like the Light Fantastic or the Diamond White for a white/silver car, either looks great. I would say going thin on a car I get 3-4 waxes out of the 30 ml pot.

Others for metallic paints I would recommend are Max Wax or Natty Red. You didn't mention which color Natty you have.

Dodo Juice Diamond White Hard Wax, dodojuice, carnauba car wax, wax for light cars, white car wax, diamond car wax, dodo waxes (http://www.autogeek.net/dodo-diamond-white-wax.html)
DP Max Wax- Made with pure carnauba wax and advanced polymers. (http://www.autogeek.net/carnauba-car-wax.html)
Poorboys World Natty’s Paste Wax Red, Natty's Red Wax, Poorboy's carnauba wax, red car wax (http://www.autogeek.net/poorboys-nattys-red-wax.html)

Regular Natty's. I guess white. It's not the red or blue.

mchess1
08-11-2010, 07:56 PM
Regular Natty's. I guess white. It's not the red or blue.

The new Liquid Natty Blue works just like the Natty Red Paste, but it is not on the market yet.

Red is limited edition, although it is available just about all the time.

yeebiz
08-11-2010, 07:59 PM
I'm a newbie too so I won't comment on how to make the paint look great but I think us newbies starting off should really have some patience so that comment really caught my eye. You are nervous about using your polisher but are looking for a shortcut? I'm kinda nervous about using mine for the first time too so I think that will slow me down and make sure I'm doing things right and it won't matter to me how long it takes.

I see your point. Patience is a virtue. I just don't want to waste my time using something like the menz on a blue pad and moving up. I am already at the point where I don't have the time to do the car in one sitting. I have to work on panels at a time on different days. Work and family and all that stuff really cuts into my detailing time, but I wouldn't want it any other way. :xyxthumbs:

S2K
08-11-2010, 08:06 PM
I see your point. Patience is a virtue. I just don't want to waste my time using something like the menz on a blue pad and moving up. I am already at the point where I don't have the time to do the car in one sitting. I have to work on panels at a time on different days. Work and family and all that stuff really cuts into my detailing time, but I wouldn't want it any other way. :xyxthumbs:

Oh I understand the not having time thing. Guess I might have misunderstood you about the shortcut, Yea doing unnecessary steps wouldn't be good when your time is on a budget. You already mentioned it but I think the test spot is where you can eliminate the unnecessary steps.

rwright
08-11-2010, 08:08 PM
Wash, clay, clean paint with Duragloss 501 Marine polish, top with Duragloss 105, wipe down with Duragloss Aqua Wax. The next time you wash, spray down with Aqua Wax after rinsing and before drying. Your pearl will absolutely pop. I just tried Aqua Wax after rinsing, my paint has never looked so wet and the metallic hasn't been this defined in a long time. Electric Blue Metallic.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/wet-look.jpg

Paint has not been polished/corrected

loudog2
08-11-2010, 08:11 PM
AG's Dodo prices reflects customs fee's and shipping to them. So, their price will be higher than ordering it from overseas. They do price match if you find it cheaper. I just can't tell you where to look:xyxthumbs:

yeebiz
08-11-2010, 08:13 PM
While I have you attention, every time I go to Wal Mart I see those boxes of Autoglym HD. Any thoughts on how that performs on pearl. I have heard good things about it but nothing specific to white paint.

rwright
08-11-2010, 08:24 PM
While I have you attention, every time I go to Wal Mart I see those boxes of Autoglym HD. Any thoughts on how that performs on pearl. I have heard good things about it but nothing specific to white paint.

AutoGlym HD looks good on everything I think. It performs well, sheets well, and is a great value. Don't be fooled by the price of Duragloss products. They perform better than you could imagine. If you don't mind waxing your car often, pick up a jar of Pinnacle Signature Series II, or 3 like me!

CEE DOG
08-11-2010, 08:42 PM
How far does the panel pot (30ml) product go? Can I do my entire car with it?

If you put it on thin which is the way to go you should be able to do your car a few times with it.

sgtmillhouse648
08-12-2010, 06:54 AM
Dodo juice goes an amazingly long way, especially when using it very thin as just a topper. You should be able to wax your car 4-5 times with one I imagine.

StoneRaizer
08-12-2010, 07:41 AM
I see you're in PA and have a sample bottle of 845. I'd save that for November/December and use that for your winter wax. 845's reputation is that it's durability is outstanding. I just picked up some myself and wasn't sure how far a 16 oz bottle would go so I picked up two just to be safe.

Remember to shake your bottle of 845 thoroughly. It comes kinda thick and chunky but after you shake it the consistency should be similar to chocolate milk.

CEE DOG
08-12-2010, 09:20 AM
Dodo juice goes an amazingly long way, especially when using it very thin as just a topper. You should be able to wax your car 4-5 times with one I imagine.

I think at least that many