PDA

View Full Version : Whats your experience with Viper Paint?

Rez90
08-10-2010, 05:06 PM
I had a buddy come by with a 1999 dodge viper last weekend. He asked me to give it once over with my flex. It is silver with blue racing stripes. overall the paint was in pretty good shape except on the blue stripes the swirls and scratches that were much more visable. I went over the entire car with 203 and a tangerine HD pad and it def freshened up the shine and i used SIP with a Cyan HD pad on the stripes but it really really really hardly made any difference.

Any suggestions? is viper paint super hard?

ScottB
08-10-2010, 05:42 PM
We gotta couple Viper owners here ... should chime in soon. Wheres Gary and Surfer ????

Mike Phillips
08-11-2010, 04:10 PM
Any suggestions? is viper paint super hard?

I've detailed a number of Vipers and taught probably half a dozen classes for Viper Clubs which usually allows me to work on a good cross-section of Vipers and while I don't like making blanket statements about the hardness or softness of any particular make or model of car I have found most if not all the Viper's I've worked on with "factory" paint to be on the hard side. Actually comparable to working on modern Corvettes with factory paint.

Better terms to describe paints are workable or polishable but the terms have never stuck...

If you want to remove swirls you're going to want to use a more aggressive product than SIP. M105 would probably tackle this paint system with a 3401

:)