PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang Twins questions(AG employees)

WRAPT C5Z06
08-08-2010, 10:53 PM
I'm directing these questions to those who work for AG, as they might know the best answer. Anyhow, anyone else with very good knowledge of these polishes, please chime in. I have a hunch that the Wolfgang Twins are very similar to Menzerna SIP/Nano combo. I'm not asking about the formula make-up of the polishes, rather, are the Wolfgang Twins designed to work more efficiently with a DA compared to SIP/Nano? Or, will all four of these polishes work equally well with a DA or Rotary?

Thanks! :dblthumb2:

HighEndDetail
08-08-2010, 11:21 PM
Wolfgang twins are very similar to menz sip, and menz 106. And they have worked great with both the flex 3401 and Griot's. And also used them with my old pc.

WRAPT C5Z06
08-08-2010, 11:26 PM
Wolfgang twins are very similar to menz sip, and menz 106. And they have worked great with both the flex 3401 and Griot's. And also used them with my old pc.
I've used samples of WG TSR and FG with my Flex 3401 and love them. I'm just curious if they're tweaked to work better with a DA compared to SIP/NANO, which I know will work well with a DA, but even more efficient with a rotary.

CEE DOG
08-09-2010, 06:39 AM
Impossible to get a completely straight answer. I was told by somebody from Menzerna that they are not any different then their Menzerna sisters. Also that if they were different Menzerna wouldn't allow the Menzerna name on it. I replied, "Aren't the abrasives by Menzerna and the lubricating solution by others?" He gave me the look like I already told you. However I sense that wasn't the full truth and maybe the Menzerna rep was trying to sell his product after hearing how much I liked the Wolfgang polishes. Long story short I stuck with the Wolfgang.

Love the 85RD menz though and going to get some Power Gloss I think.

BobbyG
08-09-2010, 08:07 AM
Food for thought,

Recently I became aware that PBMA owns Wolfgang, Diamonite, Pinnacle, Autogeek, and Bikersdepot. I don't if this adds anything to the thread but it might explain things.

WRAPT C5Z06
08-09-2010, 09:38 AM
Impossible to get a completely straight answer. I was told by somebody from Menzerna that they are not any different then their Menzerna sisters. Also that if they were different Menzerna wouldn't allow the Menzerna name on it. I replied, "Aren't the abrasives by Menzerna and the lubricating solution by others?" He gave me the look like I already told you. However I sense that wasn't the full truth and maybe the Menzerna rep was trying to sell his product after hearing how much I liked the Wolfgang polishes. Long story short I stuck with the Wolfgang.

Love the 85RD menz though and going to get some Power Gloss I think.
Thanks Corey. I think I'm going to stick with the WG Twins as well.

FWIW, I've tried power gloss and it leaves behind a lot of micro-marring. :eek:

cobraa
08-09-2010, 09:59 AM
Thanks Corey. I think I'm going to stick with the WG Twins as well.

FWIW, I've tried power gloss and it leaves behind a lot of micro-marring. :eek:

It's still better than a heavy compound like SSR3. less micro-marring.

Buckskincolt
08-09-2010, 10:01 AM
Food for thought,

Recently I became aware that PBMA owns Wolfgang, Diamonite, Pinnacle, Autogeek, and Bikersdepot. I don't if this adds anything to the thread but it might explain things.

That is no secret at all and And WG (AG) admits that these WG twins are manufactured by Menzerna. I have to think they are made to Wolfgang Specs.....And those are a secret:work:All I know is I like them.:dblthumb2:

Here is a link to an original post by Matt when these were introduced.
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/new-car-care-products/12735-new-reformulated-wolfgang-polishes-2.html#post183111

kronos
08-09-2010, 10:04 AM
It's still better than a heavy compound like SSR3. less micro-marring.

But still not as good as M105, that leaves an almost LSP ready finish.

WRAPT C5Z06
08-09-2010, 10:05 AM
But still not as good as M105
Not even close, IME.

malachi0420
08-09-2010, 11:09 AM
Not even close, IME.

:iagree: