PDA

View Full Version : Rock Chip Fill Ins on Paint

SRHTX
08-08-2010, 08:21 AM
Hey Mr. Mike,

Question for ya. Since I just started installing clear bra on vehicles paint and headlights, how would you fill in chips in a vehicles paint? Especially a 2010 BLACK Mustang GT? I have a way to do it, but, would like to see if you would be doing it the same way. Feed back please

Rsurfer
08-08-2010, 05:10 PM
If you are not going to fill and wet sand, then the next best thing imo is to use a tooth pick and fill as level as possible. Be sure to get a release on the final outcome to protect yourself.

SRHTX
08-08-2010, 07:01 PM
If you are not going to fill and wet sand.

Tis what I would do. I just need to see her 2010 Mustang GT nice and clean before I will do anything to it. Also, I know she wants a full hood Clear Bra put on it. She better have some good money for this lil job. he he he.... She might also want a full Fender Bra placed on it as well. :props:

Rsurfer
08-08-2010, 08:58 PM
Tis what I would do. I just need to see her 2010 Mustang GT nice and clean before I will do anything to it. Also, I know she wants a full hood Clear Bra put on it. She better have some good money for this lil job. he he he.... She might also want a full Fender Bra placed on it as well. :props:
Tell her it would be cheaper to do the whole front now since you have the car. Are they different quality in clear bras?

SRHTX
08-08-2010, 09:03 PM
Are they different quality in clear bras?

I could not honestly tell you, but, they folks over at XPEL us to offer 3M products. They did not like all the issues that had using the 3M C.B., so, they created thier own.

jsgntulok
08-08-2010, 10:09 PM
Given any thought to using LANGKA Paint Chip Repair? I haven't tried but am considering it for a few chips on my partner's Honda Accord. Chips are not numerous and are not on the hood or front bumper. XPEL clear bra was installed in Mar 2005 had has done a great job protecting the paint. I have tried Dr ColorChip and was not impressed. I may not have done it right. I am interested to hear from other members if they have used LANGKA and/or Dr ColorChip.

I am happy to recommend XPEL Clear Bra since I have used it on my cars since 1999.

SRHTX
08-08-2010, 10:15 PM
I will go by my friends body shop and get a lil touch up paint and add my touch up clear coat on top, wetsand, compound and polish out the touch-up areas. Then, clear bra the stang.

southbeach
08-08-2010, 10:30 PM
I am a VentureShield installer and would not recommend filling in the rock chip....It take a good 3-6 weeks for the rock chip to dry or cure right....If you install your clear bra after doing a paint chip repair, and lift up on the clear bra.....the paint from the repair will come up with it too. I do not install any clear bra on any new paint job at all...I learn my lesson a long time ago....I had to repaint 3 vehicle because it all came off....here the guide line on clear bra....
Do not install if: new paint job, alot of rock chip, or after market bumper

SRHTX
08-09-2010, 05:07 AM
I am a VentureShield installer and would not recommend filling in the rock chip....It take a good 3-6 weeks for the rock chip to dry or cure right....If you install your clear bra after doing a paint chip repair, and lift up on the clear bra.....the paint from the repair will come up with it too. I do not install any clear bra on any new paint job at all...I learn my lesson a long time ago....I had to repaint 3 vehicle because it all came off....here the guide line on clear bra....
Do not install if: new paint job, alot of rock chip, or after market bumper

Oh, I know about that. One learns that in training when there are many Porsche, BMW, Jaguar & Lexus Bumpers one trains on. I advise all of my clients, and possible clients, about paint "could" be pulled off if a clear bra is removed from the paint.