PDA

View Full Version : Having problems with water spots after wash..

cwpcasey
08-07-2010, 11:34 AM
Sometimes when I'm washing a car I have water spots left over after drying mainly on the hood. I am mostly washing in direct sunlight so I know thats half my problem, but is there a way to avoid them? Better wash shampoo maybe? Are they there before I wash and when the car is clean they show up?

CEE DOG
08-07-2010, 11:42 AM
Direct sunlight is the entire problem. I was under a canopy or in the early morning or evening before the sun is overhead. Then quickly pull it into the garage to dry with air compressor, WW towels, and a QD or spray wax. One note I used to have my hose hooked up to the outside. I switched it to the inside garage outlet because I have a water purification system for the house. That helped me a lot as well. Now even if I take awhile to get to some areas I don't get spots.

Tad (Dark Horse) might tell us about his CR spotless if he sees this.

cwpcasey
08-07-2010, 11:54 AM
Yeah well sometimes you do have cover. Most of the cars I do are at peoples place of work etc. So your in the middle of a parking lot. When I do a ONR it comes out fine, but people who dont know about it dont think it will come out as good and ask for a regular wash. I was thinking of putting some kind of filter system up to the water but not sure it will help.

RTexasF
08-07-2010, 02:23 PM
I have no choice but to wash in the Texas sun and with extremely hard water at that. I quit worrying about the water spots because there is just no way to prevent them. The solution? Wipe it down with Aquawax after it's dry (or while wet). Spots gone, shines like new. Glass, paint, trim, wheels, the works.