PDA

View Full Version : Samples are a great idea!!!

WRAPT C5Z06
08-06-2010, 04:29 PM
We all know this, it's not exactly rocket science. However, I'd like to share my experience. Tried a sample of Mothers protectant, loved it! Immediately bought a 16 oz. bottle from AG. Just tried Wolgang TSR and FG, loved them! I just added 16 oz. bottles of both to my cart. I had been interested in all three of these products for awhile, but was hesitant to take the plunge because I had no idea if I would like them. Point of this post, if at all possible, keep up the samples AG, and even add some more. ;) Much appreciated!

EDIT: Should have put this in customer comments. :doh:

Old Tiger
08-06-2010, 06:03 PM
I agree and would like to see AG add samples as your order goes (e.g., 1 sample for $50 or less. 2 samples for$50 to $100)

satrianivia
08-06-2010, 06:07 PM
I agree and would like to see AG add samples as your order goes (e.g., 1 sample for $50 or less. 2 samples for$50 to $100)

I love samples as I can get enough to try on a car without going broke for the hobbiest who only does a car now and then

ScottB
08-06-2010, 06:14 PM
I will share something with you that Bob once shared with me at Detailfest. Samples arent cheap. They arent cost effective to most businesses as bottles, filling, and labeling all are expensive. I think it shows great and commendable benefit to us that AG offers them and brought them to forum members first.

WRAPT C5Z06
08-06-2010, 06:15 PM
I will share something with you that Bob once shared with me at Detailfest. Samples arent cheap. They arent cost effective to most businesses as bottles, filling, and labeling all are expensive. I think it shows great and commendable benefit to us that AG offers them and brought them to forum members first.
I am thankful. :)

ScottB
08-06-2010, 06:18 PM
I am thankful. :)

it shows in your orders above and this post, and trust me Bob see's everything. It reinforces that samples can make a difference and that means future samples are more likely.

Jumpingbean
08-06-2010, 07:22 PM
I agree samples are a fantastic idea and understand that they're quite expensive. I would, however, love to see the Pinnacle Black Onyx and Leather Conditioner back on the list. I've had both in my cart before and took them out last minute. Being able to try them out would help the decision immensely.

That being said.... A big thank you still goes out to AG!!

clm65
08-06-2010, 07:28 PM
I agree samples are a fantastic idea and understand that they're quite expensive. I would, however, love to see the Pinnacle Black Onyx and Leather Conditioner back on the list. I've had both in my cart before and took them out last minute. Being able to try them out would help the decision immensely.

That being said.... A big thank you still goes out to AG!!

Black Onyx is back on the sample list now. I just got a sample earlier this week.

Jumpingbean
08-06-2010, 07:34 PM
Ah crap! I just placed an order too. Well I guess that's going on the next one. Thanks for the heads up :)

Vjeszczi
08-06-2010, 07:35 PM
What about with the paid samples? There are quite a few things I would like to try out, but a lot of what I would like to try is not on the paid samples page.

Jumpingbean
08-06-2010, 07:48 PM
What about with the paid samples? There are quite a few things I would like to try out, but a lot of what I would like to try is not on the paid samples page.

I agree!!

oldmodman
08-06-2010, 09:01 PM
Here is what i said on another sample thread.

"I would love to have everything available for sale in little 4oz bottles. Then I would just work from those and refill from my quart bottles (or gallon), but not have to lug them around.
Now I'm talking about nicely printed little bottles, not just plain ones like I'm using now.
So the little bottles look just like the quart ones, only smaller:xyxthumbs:"

I feel that lots of people would be glad to pay for that type of small sample bottle loaded with product. Even though it might be a LOT more expensive per OZ that even the current 8OZ sizes.

kb2ehj
08-07-2010, 08:23 AM
Samples arent cheap. They aren't cost effective to most businesses as bottles, filling, and labeling all are expensive.

That statement is defiantly true. However price per sample could be reduced some by:

- Using a third party to bottle the samples. There was/is a company were I grew up in CNY that bottled all the little shampoo bottles you see in hotels (they did other stuff also). Cost to fill and ship would probably be a cost savings in labor to AG.

- Do away with the special label for the samples. No reason for them other then marketing. I'd print up a bunch of basic labels off the office laser printer and slap those on the bottles. That brings up a little side note, why does AG place a little yellow dot on the bottles indicating size? Are the customers really not able tell the difference between 16oz / 32oz or 1 gallon container? That has to be very time consuming putting those dots on the bottles.

- Well doing the samples does have high cost that goes along with it, it really isn't hurting AG's bottom line. The mark up in this industry is HUGE and probably even greater in the house brands. Then of course if the people like the sample they might actually turn around and buy a bigger bottle.

Matt S.
08-07-2010, 09:29 AM

This sounds like a great idea, but unfortunately it would be too complicated. Most people don't read things when they place an order, and some try to add 5-10 samples to an order they placed for a wax applicator when it clearly says ONE free sample per order. So complicating things even further just wouldn't work.

WRAPT C5Z06
08-07-2010, 12:21 PM
This sounds like a great idea, but unfortunately it would be too complicated. Most people don't read things when they place an order, and some try to add 5-10 samples to an order they placed for a wax applicator when it clearly says ONE free sample per order. So complicating things even further just wouldn't work.
Some people. :rolleyes: