PDA

View Full Version : Glaze with fillers questions

Vjeszczi
08-06-2010, 09:51 AM
The glazes I am referring to specifically in this post are glazes with fillers that temporarily give the appearance of a paint corrected vehicle.

I know that some people don't approve of using them and would much rather do the paint correction. Currently I do not own a machine, everything I do is by hand. I am working on paying off the product I have currently purchased, then saving up for a Flex.

In the meantime, until I have the ability to do paint correction, I wanted to know the best method of application.

Wash
Clay
AIO
Glaze
Sealant?

Also does anyone have any recommendations for an all purpose glaze? I know the PB glazes get good reviews but they have separate products for dark and light vehicles.

I plan on letting the owners of the vehicles I use this on know that this is a temporary result, and that these results could only permanently be achieved through proper paint correction, but I want to make their cars look as good as possible when I return it to them.

Thanks for the help!

aznwhip
08-06-2010, 11:42 AM
Chemical Guys EZ-Creme acrylic glaze

Explicit Shine
08-06-2010, 12:34 PM
i have found megs #3 Machine Glaze to fill a lot when used by hand
I like to use this on my tool box as i am not about to keep polishing out all the very light marring i get on my finicky black tool chest.

Glazes that are intended to "fill" are very limited as to what they can do as in they will only fill in the slightest of maring. I personally have found multiple coats of sealant/wax to better cover minor defects.

For this on my gf's car i like to use Pinnacle cleansing lotion then 3 coats of black fire wet diamond.

Vjeszczi
08-06-2010, 02:20 PM
Good to know, thanks for the info all!