PDA

View Full Version : Choice of sealant , Menzerna or Wolfgang ? Your opinion .

acadianl79
08-05-2010, 10:57 PM
What sealant would you choose ?

Menzerna power lock or Wolfgang Deep gloss ?

Please explain why .

Thank you

2kredbb6
08-05-2010, 10:59 PM
Just got BOTH today, also interested in some opinions..

ph16
08-06-2010, 03:54 AM
I haven't tried Menz sealant but I use their polishes with great results. I do use Wolfgang sealant and have to say that I have absolutely NO issues with it and am not looking to change. I get about 6 months before I get the itch to detail (and seal) my truck again. I'm sure the sealant can last longer but I can't. Even after a northern Ohio winter, the water still beads.

BobbyG
08-06-2010, 05:57 AM
I have both and one thing to keep in mind is that Menzerna makes Wolfgang products.

To be honest, it's really had to tell which produces a better gloss and longer lasting protection. I did a side by side comparison and both looked spectacular.

Here's a link that someone posted on another site performing a pretty extensive study on todays sealants. It's a very interesting read.

The Biggest Sealant Test ever! - Detailing World (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=85205)

keeotee
08-06-2010, 06:13 AM
I've never used the Menzerna, but I have used the Wolfgang's. I love it. Ease of use, a great look and the look I want.

ScottB
08-06-2010, 07:28 AM
I have both and one thing to keep in mind is that Menzerna makes Wolfgang products.

Both products are different in design and ingredients but similar in function as paint sealants. Both might look similar but some difference remain. Wolfgang uses European polymers and was updated to 3.0 status a couple years back. Menzerna Powerlock is new to the scene and a very nice offering too.

Menzerna helped to make the two Wolfgang polishes (TSR and FG) however the rest of the line is completely designed by PBMA to their specifications. PBMA owns Wolfgang, Diamonite, Pinnacle, Autogeek, and Bikersdepot.

sportscarhiatus
08-06-2010, 08:52 AM
I have both and have used both. I've been using WGDPS for a few years now and love it. But I just recently got Powerlock and tried that a couple of times. I still need more time with the Powerlock and a few more uses before I can accurately make a judgement. But my INITIAL impressions on Powerlock are that requires just a tad more effort to apply/remove versus WGDGPS. WGDGPS is literally like butter. The gloss is the same I think... I've been using 3 sealants interchangeably... those 2 along with 4StarUPP. A bit better on black. All sealants have "average" durability in my opinion. Beading starts to lose its "tightness" after a couple washes. Doesn't mean it's not protecting, it's just not as slick.

BobbyG
08-06-2010, 10:10 AM
PBMA owns Wolfgang, Diamonite, Pinnacle, Autogeek, and Bikersdepot.

WOW, I did not know this!! :props: