PDA

View Full Version : highest shine dressing/protectant

Pages : [1] 2

Bullitt AK
08-05-2010, 10:42 PM
normally i like to use a matte dressing but i have some people who like a really high shine dressing on their interior, i was thinking VRP but i have heard it doesnt really have a good smell to it, id prefer no smell at all...but regardless of that which has the highest shine with some durability still?

i didnt have time to order anything so i just picked up some megs supreme shine but looking for something else

Eric
08-05-2010, 11:30 PM
I use Presto on my Mustang interior. It produces a nice wet sheen without looking like you just smeared cooking oil all over your dash.

Tire and Interior Dressings (http://flashwax.com/tireinteriordressing.html)

I've also been happy with the results I got from Duragloss.

Bullitt AK
08-05-2010, 11:33 PM
does it have a smell and what is the durability like?

BobbyG
08-06-2010, 06:03 AM
Meguiar's NXT line offers a product that does just that; super glossy. I can't remember the full name of it but it's something like gloss protectant. Go to their product description and I'm sure you'll come across it.

Emm
08-06-2010, 06:14 AM
I like that shinny look too, and I used to use black jack's new again, but I don't think it's made any longer. I have been looking for something to replace it.

Showroom Shine
08-06-2010, 07:04 AM
I like that shinny look too, and I used to use black jack's new again, but I don't think it's made any longer. I have been looking for something to replace it.

:iagree:I too like the shinny wet look. My favorite thus far is TNT or Bling Bling by Detail King.
Theses are gel dressing. You have to use an applicator. If I am waiting on an order to arrive. I use (forgive me) Armor Extreme Gel!

Emm
08-06-2010, 07:08 AM
:iagree:I too like the shinny wet look. My favorite thus far is TNT or Bling Bling by Detail King.
Theses are gel dressing. You have to use an applicator. If I am waiting on an order to arrive. I use (forgive me) Armor Extreme Gel!

On your interior? isn't that for tires?

ScottB
08-06-2010, 07:19 AM
I would personally suggest against using a gloss dressing on interiors. The glare could hurt/harm someone. Often times a good dressing that darkens interior and makes it look extremely deep and clean will have them happy.

omgitselaine
08-06-2010, 09:00 AM

I actually like AA Extreme Gel for the price and availability OTC one can't go wrong ..... soo you're forgiven wink !!

Emile
08-06-2010, 09:42 AM
The AA Extrme Shine Tire Gel is also a water-based product, so it shouldn't fade or dry out interior plastic and vinyl.

I recommend 303 Aerospace Protectant applied with a microfiber applicator pad.

You can also try any of these products from Meguiar's:
Ultimate Protectant (gel formula).
Supreme Shine Protectant.
NXT Generation Tech Protect.

Those three products provide good gloss and long-lasting protection, Ultimate Protectant offering the longest protection.

sgtmillhouse648
08-06-2010, 09:47 AM
Yay integra's being 99% vinyl interiors :) (yes that includes the headliner)

I really like a high gloss to my dash. Haven't had a problem with glare yet on it even though you can see its reflection in the windshield on occasion. I really like to use Meg's #40. The nice thing about 40 is that one coat can be a duller finish, but multiple coats bring out one hell of a shine.

Jenn1270
08-07-2010, 11:01 AM
I like the DP interior surface protectant or 303. They are both fairly shiny but not too glossy

slimnib
08-07-2010, 03:16 PM
I think that a high gloss interior has a cheesy look. If you enter high gloss interior in concourses you will get zapped.

High gloss also will reflect of the dash and effect the drivers visibility. It is not safe.

Go for a low gloss clean look.

Harv.

satrianivia
08-07-2010, 03:43 PM
megs ultimate protectant gave me a very glossy shine on the interior, too glossy for my taste, liked 303 better for interiors it gives you clean dark look without excessive gloss

JohnnyC
08-07-2010, 07:44 PM
I used a high gloss on the interior once and the shine was so reflective that it bounced off the windshield and became a problem seeing. keep it low trust me. You wind up seeing your dash reflection in the windshield