PDA

View Full Version : Optimum's Hyper Polish and Compound?

Erik Mejia
08-05-2010, 06:29 AM
Now that they've been out for a few weeks, how do those of you that use the new OPT Spray polish and compound rate them? How well do they perform? What are the pros and cons, and can you provide any links to threads where they were used in a detail. I'm curious about these.

2kredbb6
08-05-2010, 09:21 AM
I have both but only had the chance to use the Polish, all I can say is that stuff is fantastic!!
I was so skeptical, but it worked an passed with flying colors!
Pros:
Easy On/Off application
A few spritz goes a long way
Use of different pads to change how agressive you want it to be.
Cons: NONE
I wouldve said price, but after using it, it really goes a long way it works how its advertised so it's worth every penny.

05xrunner
08-05-2010, 09:38 AM
I have the Polish
pro: is its fast to use, easy clean up, basically no dusting

con: it will stain moldings

BobbyG
08-05-2010, 09:51 AM
I'm glad this thread was started. I've read and heard quite a bit about this but very few other than Mile Phillips has given it a test drive.

Good information guys!!

Erik Mejia
08-06-2010, 05:38 AM
Keep it coming guys. I'm really tempted to pull the trigger and buy them, but right now I have way too many polishes to justify the purchase.

Emm
08-06-2010, 06:07 AM
I tried the spray polish worked very well, but I would spray the pad not the car. You get some over spray on panels you have already polished.

I polished the hood of my red metalic truck with a white LC pad, and it really made the paint pop. It removed some very fine scratches and left a very smooth finish.Then topped it with a coat of Natty's Red. Looks great!

Meghan
08-06-2010, 09:34 AM
If you haven't seen this you will enjoy the info!

Show Car Garage Product Showcase - Optimum Polymer Technologies (http://www.palmbeachmotoring.net/ascg-videos/opt-1.html)

rakkvet
08-06-2010, 10:46 AM
The video explained a lot. I just need some more pads for the DA.

Explicit Shine
08-06-2010, 12:27 PM
Well i have both and have used about half my bottle of compound and a quarter of the polish.

I like the compound a lot.

I like using it as an intermediate step between hard compounding and final polishing.
Sometime takes the place of SIP for me.

The cut is awesome, im gunna say the same as UC
it has a long working time and does not dust much but i did find i got some splatter with the product...
I feel this compound likes pressure more than most but i was only working on a rotary.
The residue was a pain if not IMPOSSIBLE to remove even with straight ISO.

As for the polish i have always went over it with 85RD so i cant say the finish i was receiving was up to my standards. It is a good polish but it likes to gum up and "stain" ( meaning they are a real pain to clean) pads and as was said before will stain trim.

Overall i will buy the compound again but not sure yet about the polish.