PDA

View Full Version : NEWB with ??? and introduction.

acadianl79
08-04-2010, 08:17 PM
First off , Hi to everybody.

I am a hard core car freak that wants to polish his own cars:buffing: , i own a classic and a late model sports car ( both in solid red color )

Ijust bought the flex 3401 / menzerna polishing kit from autogeek ( menz po83,po106 and po115c finishing glaze ).

Here's my questions for a red car ( solid color ).

I am looking for a sealant that provides a wet look and depth as i am not too fond of zaino like reflectivity.
What would you suggest ?

Should i skip the last stage of this kit ( provided finishing glaze ) and do a final polish with menzerna po85rd to promote adhesion of your suggested sealer ?

I already have a can of Souveran, is it a good idea to apply it over the suggested sealer you recommend in my case ? ( pros and cons, dust issues )

Thank you for your time.

AudiTTman
08-04-2010, 09:14 PM
Hey how ya doing? I figured i might be able to help you on your sealant choices and how to get the best adhesion. I would highly recommend either wiping the surface of your car with Menzerna Top inspection, or a 50/50 mix of isopropyl alcohol and water. This will make sure any silcone left behind from the polishes are fully removed to give your sealant the best bond possible to the paint.

When you do apply your sealant of choice, make sure to apply a nice thing coat and remember there is no need to work it into the paint like the abrasive polishes.

PS: i realized after reading my comment that i didnt answer a single question you asked hahah.
I really like 4 star sealant on my black metallic car, but im bias by the simple fact that that is the only one ive ever used. There are many great ones out there that members on here can tell you about!

Using the Po85rd is really just adding extra gloss and depth to your paint in your last step, its a lengthy step too depending on how perfect you want your vehicle to look. But the results are amazing! If you do this step, make sure to use some type of cleaner i mentioned above (top inspection or 50/50 mix) to get rid of access polish and silicon to make that sealant CLING!
The glaze is more less a filler than anything else. So your not really removing anything at that point. Its just filling in micro scratches that didnt polish out( however it looks good, but two weeks later youll see the scratches appear out of thin air)

Applying a wax after the sealant has set for a night would just give you that show car shine. The sealant itself is going to look amazing, but a carnauba really gives a wet wet wet look with that extra pop if ya really wanna show off hahah

AudiTTman
08-04-2010, 09:45 PM
also realized this is in the Mike Phillips section, sorry i jumped the gun big mike, straighten me up accordingly lol