PDA

View Full Version : if you could choose only 2 polishes

Pages : [1] 2

Bullitt AK
08-04-2010, 06:40 PM
Just on mild to moderately swirled or neglected finishes, what would they be? im looking for hopefully nothing more than a 2 step that can provide great results and a smooth surface

what about menz SIP and nano? or should/would that require other polishes?

ive got some CG pro polish3n on the way and some CG Final polish so im going to see how those work but i was j/w what you guys thought

Rsurfer
08-04-2010, 06:50 PM
So many choices: Optimum Spray Compound and Spray Polish, Wolfgang Twins, Meg's 105/205, Menz Power Finish/85rd. Not to fond of Poorboy's 1,2 and 3.

Bullitt AK
08-04-2010, 06:55 PM
or menz IP and superfinish? there are so many idk which 2 are best...and normally when you all polish how many steps do you typically do?

rwright
08-04-2010, 07:12 PM
At this point I would go for M105/M205. Easy to obtain should I run low, decent price, change pads and you could easily have more polishes.

longdx
08-04-2010, 07:20 PM
Meguiars UC and SwirlX. Excellent consumer friendly polishes that really finish down well.

Flash Gordon
08-04-2010, 07:28 PM
Man, you have this question posted on every forum lol

Power Finish and 85rd get my vote

Bullitt AK
08-04-2010, 07:29 PM
figured id get the most opinions and see which 2 come up the most...do you all normally do a 2 stage or more?

mcpp66
08-04-2010, 07:42 PM
UC & 85rd

wytstang
08-04-2010, 07:49 PM
I use SIP/Nano on my cars, they did wonders on my cars paint after years of neglect from previous owners and myself (until I got into detailing). Didn't get what I expected from PB SSR 2.5/1 and Opt polish/compound (v1). I have no plans on changing this combo, then again I just do mine and family/friends cars.

Rsurfer
08-04-2010, 08:21 PM
figured id get the most opinions and see which 2 come up the most...do you all normally do a 2 stage or more?
Depends on the condition of the paint and what you are trying to achive. I've done a 5 step that took 4 days.

Bullitt AK
08-04-2010, 08:37 PM
Depends on the condition of the paint and what you are trying to achive. I've done a 5 step that took 4 days.

Just on mild to moderately swirled or neglected finishes just to achieve the best possible finish in the shortest time...im not going to be doing anything more than moderate correction...just something that i can do on cust cars that can remove the swirls and leave the paint glossy and smooth to seal/wax while spending a reasonable amount of time to keep my rates a little lower

so nothing close to 4 days..but something i can achieve in a few hours or so

Rsurfer
08-04-2010, 08:56 PM
just to achieve the best possible finish in the shortest time...im not going to be doing anything more than moderate correction...just something that i can do on cust cars that can remove the swirls and leave the paint glossy and smooth to seal/wax while spending a reasonable amount of time to keep my rates a little lower

so nothing close to 4 days..but something i can achieve in a few hours or so
Wolfgang Twins or Optimum Spray Twins would be my choice for you. Love Meg's 105, but it has a learning curve.

Bullitt AK
08-04-2010, 09:01 PM
what is that? wolfgang TSR and glaze and polish enhancer? sorry im lost on this polishing ####

and when polishing it is said to keep going until the polish is broken down? i dont understand that

Rsurfer
08-04-2010, 09:48 PM
what is that? wolfgang TSR and glaze and polish enhancer? sorry im lost on this polishing ####That's it.

and when polishing it is said to keep going until the polish is broken down? i dont understand thatYes that's the Wolfgang Twins. With diminishing abbrasives you need to polish till the abbrasives break down and get finer. The polish will become translucent and that's when you stop.:buffing:

soonermike
08-04-2010, 09:52 PM
I use SIP/Nano on my cars, they did wonders on my cars paint after years of neglect from previous owners and myself (until I got into detailing). Didn't get what I expected from PB SSR 2.5/1 and Opt polish/compound (v1). I have no plans on changing this combo, then again I just do mine and family/friends cars.

I agree SIP/Nano has given me excellent results.