PDA

View Full Version : Garrand microfiber duster

davidc
08-04-2010, 01:25 PM
Any body here used this duster with any opinion of it's performance?. I see it is sold out and on back order so apparently some people are using it.
Carrand Microfiber MAX Pure Shine Car Duster, auto duster, microfiber duster (http://autogeek.net/microfiber-duster.html)

Dave

Dubbin1
08-04-2010, 01:56 PM
Same concept as the California Duster, its a love hate relationship. Personally I steer clear of them both.

davidc
08-04-2010, 02:04 PM
Same concept as the California Duster, its a love hate relationship. Personally I steer clear of them both.

Yeah, I have heard and read the down side of the California duster. I know that when I have used the California styles they leave some paraffin streaks behind which then need to be wiped down with a MF, just curious how the Carrand works

RTexasF
08-04-2010, 06:07 PM
I've used the Cali Duster without incident over many, many years. Never used the Carrand, sorry.

Rsurfer
08-04-2010, 06:45 PM
Not quite the same as it has no wax and is washable. I bought one to try and now I have 4. I use it everyday to remove light dust before QDing. The handle is just the right length so dusting the top and side panels are a breeze.

davidc
08-17-2010, 03:19 PM
Well I purchased the duster. Very disappointing as it just moved everything around and did not pick up anything noticeable. I used a 10 year old California duster that has been thru the wash about 5 times and it did more than the Carrand. In my opinion this duster failed miserably.

Dave

Rsurfer
08-17-2010, 03:27 PM
Well I purchased the duster. Very disappointing as it just moved everything around and did not pick up anything noticeable. I used a 10 year old California duster that has been thru the wash about 5 times and it did more than the Carrand. In my opinion this duster failed miserably.

Dave
I would say the same thing about the Cal. duster (duster failed miserably).

Bullitt AK
08-18-2010, 12:00 AM
Yeah, I have heard and read the down side of the California duster. I know that when I have used the California styles they leave some paraffin streaks behind which then need to be wiped down with a MF

a CCD wont leave anything like streaks or scratches, dont sit them on your paint and rub them around or they may..hold them above your paint and not on it

CEE DOG
08-18-2010, 06:21 AM
Not quite the same as it has no wax and is washable. I bought one to try and now I have 4. I use it everyday to remove light dust before QDing. The handle is just the right length so dusting the top and side panels are a breeze.

:iagree: I don't use it as often as I should but it works great and I love it.

dont sit them on your paint and rub them around..hold them above your paint and not on it

Exactly!