PDA

View Full Version : Overspray on vehicles

LanceRomance
08-04-2010, 12:12 PM
I have a huge job that consists of about 30 to 40 cars. A contractor approached me about a job that his painters were spraying a company building and overspray traveled to the parking lot where employees park there personel vehicles. I was wondering what you recommend getting this off as far as a chemical or will I have to use a clay bar and lube? Looking for the fastest and easiest way!! Need some advice please!!! How would you price this also!!!

JohnnyC
08-04-2010, 12:19 PM
I have a huge job that consists of about 30 to 40 cars. A contractor approached me about a job that his painters were spraying a company building and overspray traveled to the parking lot where employees park there personel vehicles. I was wondering what you recommend getting this off as far as a chemical or will I have to use a clay bar and lube? Looking for the fastest and easiest way!! Need some advice please!!! How would you price this also!!!

Had overspray from paint on my car and the claybar method works the best.:xyxthumbs:

Dubbin1
08-04-2010, 12:23 PM
You may want to just try a good washing first. If that doesn't then go to clay.

Bobby B.
08-04-2010, 02:23 PM
A Clay Bar will work the best for removing overspray.

HighEndDetail
08-04-2010, 03:15 PM
Like most are saying a clay bar. One section at a time

csmeance
08-05-2010, 03:28 AM
most exterior paints are latex based so it might just come off with some water and soap! I'd check with the contractor and see which one was used.

Erik Mejia
08-05-2010, 05:56 AM

A clay bar and lube would be my first approach. You may even find the need to use an aggressive clay if the work calls for it, which would mean you may end up polishing afterwords.

Dubbin1
08-05-2010, 09:41 AM
most exterior paints are latex based so it might just come off with some water and soap! I'd check with the contractor and see which one was used.

And that's why I said to try and wash them first. If this paint made it to 30-40 cars then its a good chance that the paint was almost dust and dry when it settled.

Blackthorn One
08-07-2010, 04:21 AM
I would wash first and then clay. The washing should remove some but not all of it, which will also help to prevent any scratching during claying, and will prevent the clay from getting too dirty and using it up too fast, as clay is expensive. The sooner you do it, the easier it will be.

Meghan
08-07-2010, 10:52 AM
Clay, Clay, Clay.... had a Mazda that a friend had some work down on and when she picked it up was covered in white spots. Appears they sprayed a building close by, only took about an hour and the two of us had it looking new again.

Flash Gordon
08-07-2010, 04:23 PM
Trizact

JohnnyC
08-07-2010, 06:50 PM
Clay, Clay, Clay.... had a Mazda that a friend had some work down on and when she picked it up was covered in white spots. Appears they sprayed a building close by, only took about an hour and the two of us had it looking new again.

Thanks Meghan:xyxthumbs: That's why claying is best why go through washing if your only going to clay anyhow Im the MAN