PDA

View Full Version : Rejuvenate vinyl and surface

2SLICK4U
08-03-2010, 10:18 PM
Ok just a quick questions on how to clean my black vinyl piece on a driver side by the door handle, i can see some white spots not much just a little and i see that with the direct light, what should i use to clean theses spots and rejuvenate vinyl so it is pure black with no white spots.I need professional opinion on what is the a good vinyl rejuvenator or which product , thank you I'm thinking about these 2 products but not sure i never used them 1Z Einszett Plastic Vinyl Deep Cleaner Plastik Reiniger or Poorboy's World Trim Restorer or something better no clue any suggestins.

Erik Mejia
08-04-2010, 04:32 AM
1Z Einszett Plastic Vinyl Deep Cleaner or Meguiar's M39 Heavy Duty Vinyl Cleaner are two great options to clean the vinyl, you would follow that with a protectant of your choosing. I would recommend M40, Aerospace 303, or Lexol's Vinylex (some of my personal favorites, and they're readily available nation wide.):xyxthumbs:

I'd give the above a shot, if that doesn't work then you may have to re-dye the vinyl.

Here's a great article that Mike wrote on the subject of cleaning and protecting your interior. The products he uses provided excellent results. I did not recommend them because I have no personal experience with them, but I think the end results speak for themselves.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles/20447-how-clean-protect-interior-leather-vinyl-detailer-s-pride.html

2SLICK4U
08-04-2010, 04:22 PM
I just forgot i ordered last week 1Z Einszett Cockpit Premium Interior Plastic Cleaner do you think that will do it ,was on back order so i didn't get it on time but i did recive Ultima Interior Guard Plus i hope that will solve my problem these 2 products once again thx

2SLICK4U
08-11-2010, 06:50 PM
How about exterior vinyl do i use the same stuff M40 and M39

AeroCleanse
08-11-2010, 08:02 PM
For the exterior I use 1z Vinyl-Rubber

1flyfisher
08-11-2010, 10:34 PM
I have a new GMC Savana. It has chrome bumpers with black plastic on top front and back. There are black plastic mirrors. Plastic and black plastic all over. The black plastic on the exterior bumpers turns white fast.

I recommend washing any black plastic with your regular car soap/shampoo with a MF wash mitt.
Then treat it with 303. The stuff is great on plastic. Just don't use too much. Less is better, just a thin coating, spray some on and rub it around a bit. I use a small porous crappy sponge that autogeek sent me with my order to rub it around. 303 is made for UV protection. I use in on rubber door seals and the dash too. I do not recommend it for tires though. It takes too much to do 4 tires. Cheaper products for that.

303 really restores and protects plastic great. I use it on flylines which normally last 5 years or so. They now last me 15-20 years. GREAT STUFF.