PDA

View Full Version : Tried souveran and fuzion...so what next?

Pages : [1] 2 3

slammin86
08-02-2010, 08:45 PM
So I have used souveran and fuzion...what should I try now?

I have a phantom black metallic 04 GTO (see here http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/27566-i-detailed-gto-last-week-pics-inside.html) that I have owned since new. The car is now just a toy for me with a forged motor, some nitrous, and a few goodies. I love to keep it clean and swirl free.

That being said, I used zaino for the first 5 years of it's life. Late 09 I decided to try something new and picked up some stuff from here including pinnacle souveran and souveran spray wax as well as wolfgang 3.0.

Well, after putting 3 coats of souveran on my car I sold it. I did not like how it muted the flake or attracted dust. I loved the depth, and had my car been a solid color the souveran would have been a keeper and I would have dealt with the dust. I sold the souveran.

I picked up a fuzion mini tub a few months ago and had the chance to use it last week. I put a coat of wolfgang 3.0 on the car and let it cure for 18 or so hours. I love this stuff. So slick and has great depth and warmth for a sealant. Even after sitting in my garage overnight the car had no dust on it.

Well I then topped it with fuzion. I did a fender and half the hood and started inspecting it. I looked under dim light in the garage, halogen light, pulled it out and looked under sunlight to try to see differences. What it added was so minuet that no one other than myself would notice. I went ahead and did the rest of the car with the fuzion though and let it sit in the garage for a few hours. I went back out to look and the car had dusted like a mofo, and a lot of the slickness was gone. It did seem to get a tad darker/ deeper as it sat though.

Anyway, I sold the fuzion tonight, and until I find a replacement I am going to stick with the souveran spray wax (which I love) and the 3.0.

Anyone have a suggestion for me?

loudog2
08-02-2010, 08:50 PM
Supernatural is pretty darn good.

alexr
08-02-2010, 08:51 PM
Yes, stick with the 3.0 and spray wax. Once you find something that works, why change :)?

loudog2
08-02-2010, 08:54 PM
Yes, stick with the 3.0 and spray wax. Once you find something that works, why change :)?
Then how would you know if something else would work better?:xyxthumbs:

Mindflux
08-02-2010, 08:56 PM
Time to step it up to Zymol Vintage.

slammin86
08-02-2010, 08:58 PM

Well, I followed that theory thats why I stuck with zaino for so long. But I am glad I changed because my car no longer looks like plastic. It now has depth and warmth, but so far nothing has made the flakes pop like the zaino did.

Maybe there is still something out there for me.

loudog2
08-02-2010, 09:00 PM
Or a 55" 3D plasma or LED TV instead of vintage

slammin86
08-02-2010, 09:21 PM

Please be real. I am not dropping that kind of coin on wax.

I'm going to add a budget of around $100 for this.

Mindflux
08-02-2010, 09:25 PM
Please be real. I am not dropping that kind of coin on wax.

I'm going to add a budget of around $100 for this.
Why not? Lifetime refills. If you wax frequently enough it comes out cheaper ;)

Rsurfer
08-02-2010, 09:33 PM
Vintage is the bomb!

CEE DOG
08-02-2010, 09:35 PM
Or a 55" 3D plasma or LED TV instead of vintage

:dblthumb2: :iagree:

Why not? Lifetime refills. If you wax frequently enough it comes out cheaper

:) there must be some stipulation on lifetime refills right? Like so many times a year or something.

alexr
08-02-2010, 09:46 PM
They probably realize that you will find something else if you don't have a problem spending thousands on car care products.

gibbsj87
08-02-2010, 09:54 PM
Well, I love this stuff. There factory is right around where I live.

Collinite Liquid Insulator Wax #845, liquid wax, heat-resistant wax, car wax (http://www.autogeek.net/collinite-insulator-wax-845.html)

Just because it's cheep, doesn't mean it doesn't work. If you want a great shine, that brings out color and leaves a slick surface. That is the wax for you. I have both Fuzion and Souveran. They are for a show car finish, not something your planning on driving everywhere... But that is just my opinion.

It's also very cheep, easy to apply... Although it smells like crap..

Rsurfer
08-02-2010, 09:55 PM
:dblthumb2: :iagree:

:) there must be some stipulation on lifetime refills right? Like so many times a year or something.How long will it take you to use 22ozs? Not for commercial use.

CEE DOG
08-02-2010, 09:58 PM
How long will it take you to use 22ozs? Not for commercial use.

That's exactly what I was getting at. I didn't know anything about it but knew there had to be limitations. If no limitations you could empty that puppy out and get it filled again every day!

It would take me a very long time use 22 ozs