PDA

View Full Version : specific paint color wax

Bullitt AK
08-02-2010, 03:55 PM
do you use different waxes specifically? which for lighter cars and darker cars? im really not talking along the lines fuzion or dodo supernatural but more souveran or less

i know 5050 is not an AG product but its what ive been using..iv only done dark cars but it looks good and the price is very reasonable for how long a tin of paste wax lasts.

Dubbin1
08-02-2010, 03:57 PM
Souveran paste for dark and Souveran liquid for light.

Pristine Image
08-02-2010, 04:04 PM

This is product inexperience talking, but wouldn't Souveran paste and Liquid Souveran be exactly the same product aside from what form it's in thus producing the same results?

sportscarhiatus
08-02-2010, 04:12 PM

I "almost" agree ;)

Souveran paste for dark. I'm surprised the OP calls Souveran "low" end... it's still pricey! I got mine in a bundle a couple years ago, but I thought it was like 85 per container, right?

MaxWax/Autoglym HD for light.

Bullitt AK
08-02-2010, 04:21 PM
i will try autoglym on the light i have heard good stuff about it

and i mean obviously souveran paste is pricey its $95/can..and i didnt say it was low end i just said i wasnt referring to very high priced wax $150+. i dont know the consistency but if it lasts as long as 5050 and its better then its worth it...

i just use 5050 because it looks good on all vehicles and its far from cheap, but i believe it was formulated for darker vehicles but you can get it with js109 which is my sealant for $80 with towels included

Bullitt AK
08-02-2010, 04:26 PM
This is product inexperience talking, but wouldn't Souveran paste and Liquid Souveran be exactly the same product aside from what form it's in thus producing the same results?

thats what i was thinking but maybe it produces more of a synthetic shine? which could be useful on lighter cars

Blackthorn One
08-02-2010, 06:58 PM
Souveran paste is a pure wax, while Souveran liquid is part sealant. It isn't the same product. The sealant aspect of the liquid offers more sparkle, while the straight carnauba formula of the paste offers a deeper richer, warmer look.

loudog2
08-02-2010, 07:21 PM
Souveran paste is a pure wax, while Souveran liquid is part sealant. It isn't the same product. The sealant aspect of the liquid offers more sparkle, while the straight carnauba formula of the paste offers a deeper richer, warmer look.
:iagree:Both are completely different. On a different note, Supernatural does look good on any color though. You can get it and the fuzion in a small size to try. Actually with the euro tanking, you can get supernatural pretty cheap from overseas.

Dubbin1
08-02-2010, 07:26 PM

ding ding ding we have a winner

DARK HORSE
08-02-2010, 07:49 PM
do you use different waxes specifically? which for lighter cars and darker cars? im really not talking along the lines fuzion or dodo supernatural but more souveran or less

i know 5050 is not an AG product but its what ive been using..iv only done dark cars but it looks good and the price is very reasonable for how long a tin of paste wax lasts.

I'm not sure if you realize it or not, but Fuzion comes with a free refill when you purchase the 8oz. pot and Souveran paste does not. That actually makes Souveran a slightly more expensive wax then Fuzion.

Fuzion = $87.50/ 8oz
Souveran = $95.00/8oz.

Rsurfer
08-02-2010, 08:34 PM
It's all in the prep. If your clear is hazy your LSP will be hazy. I just read a thread by Mike P posted in 04. He claims that you are polishing the clear and not the color coat. So the clearer the clear coat the more gloss. Someone was trying to say that certain waxes muted the flakes and he said that was not true as it muted the clear. How can the wax reach the flakes? Very good points and agree with him 100%. So, if your prep work is done right you could use a $20 wax and it will look almost as good as a $2200 (Vintage) wax.

sportscarhiatus
08-03-2010, 09:59 AM
It's all in the prep. If your clear is hazy your LSP will be hazy. I just read a thread by Mike P posted in 04. He claims that you are polishing the clear and not the color coat. So the clearer the clear coat the more gloss. Someone was trying to say that certain waxes muted the flakes and he said that was not true as it muted the clear. How can the wax reach the flakes? Very good points and agree with him 100%. So, if your prep work is done right you could use a $20 wax and it will look almost as good as a $2200 (Vintage) wax.

x 100% agree. In fact, you could probably use Turtle Wax. egad, ok, let's not go THAT low... lol. But he's right, prep the surface well, and your gloss and depth of shine will be a lot better.

Pristine Image
08-03-2010, 10:22 AM

Oh ok, that makes perfect sense, I didn't know the liquid Souveran was part sealant. Thanks!