PDA

View Full Version : Where Do You Apply Tire Dressing?

Michael M
08-02-2010, 11:21 AM
I'm using PB's Bold N' Bright tire dressing and just love the satin finish it provides - no sling either. My problem is that it is leaving stains on my freshly sealed drive way. We have not had much rain recently and these stains may wash away but I would prefer to find a work method which eliminates this issue. Any suggestions?

Pats300zx
08-02-2010, 11:59 AM
This is one of the primary reasons why I apply my tire dressings in the street :)

Emile
08-02-2010, 12:53 PM
I do it in my garage, but I don't spray it onto the tires. I spray it onto a tire dressing applicator and then wipe onto the tire. No stains, no sling, just bling. :xyxthumbs:

Pockets@PoorboysWorld
08-02-2010, 02:36 PM
I do it in my garage, but I don't spray it onto the tires. I spray it onto a tire dressing applicator and then wipe onto the tire. No stains, no sling, just bling. :xyxthumbs:

:iagree: I like that "No stains, no sling, just bling"

I also put it on with a foam applicator we give it to you with a sprayer but I don't use it (not becasue it doesn't work but becasue I prefer foam application better) and I mostly tell people my method of application. I know some people that use a paint brush and a cut in half milk gallon to apply as well lol.

RaskyR1
08-02-2010, 04:26 PM

+2! :)

Flash Gordon
08-02-2010, 04:48 PM
Put 4 pieces of waxpaper under your tires

BobbyG
08-02-2010, 06:06 PM
I my neighbors driveway!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :props:

trhland
08-02-2010, 06:14 PM
i spray it on . then wipe the tires. it gets in my driveway but i use water based products so it doesnt stain the driveway.

Marc08EX
08-02-2010, 06:52 PM
I do in on the street as well. If it's too busy then I bring the car into the driveway and apply the dressing there.

rwisejr
08-02-2010, 06:53 PM
I spray what ever I use onto a (Black) microfiber applicator.

MirandaAutoSpa
08-02-2010, 08:56 PM
I use a soft body brush (biege with green bristles). I spray on the brush and apply to the tire. It fills all the nooks and my tire shine spreads really nice. I use AutoMagic's Magic Dressing, it's blue and smells like berries, good stuff. Sorry AG for mentioning Automagic. If I lived in FL I would use you exclusively.

trhland
08-03-2010, 06:54 AM
I use a soft body brush (biege with green bristles). I spray on the brush and apply to the tire. It fills all the nooks and my tire shine spreads really nice. I use AutoMagic's Magic Dressing, it's blue and smells like berries, good stuff. Sorry AG for mentioning Automagic. If I lived in FL I would use you exclusively.
berries ??? i like it already.. automagic is actually good ive heard. but hard to buy . you need to track down a truck..

MirandaAutoSpa
08-03-2010, 07:21 AM
berries ??? i like it already.. automagic is actually good ive heard. but hard to buy . you need to track down a truck..

Yeah they have a warehouse here in Richmond. I go in and its like I am in Detailing heaven. I love it:dblthumb2:

Bunky
08-03-2010, 10:13 AM
I apply it where ever the vehicle is located - driveway, garage.