PDA

View Full Version : How long does 16 oz. product last for you??

Whitethunder46
11-13-2006, 11:01 AM
As the title says, how long does a product last for you?

16 oz of a polish such as XMT 1, 2, or 3: How many coats can you expect to get out?
16 oz. Wolfgang sealant: How many coats?

Any products that some of you notice you can get a lot more out of than others?
Maybe a better question is how many cars can you do with an ounce of product. One car, two cars, etc???

sparkie
11-13-2006, 11:10 AM
Hard to say, I used different stuff here and there. I do eat up a lot of AIO. Need to get me some more. Also been using DG101 and 105 instead of AIO. Don't have enough data to replace AIO.

joe.p
11-13-2006, 11:52 AM
i don't think you can get a direct answer to this question.

1- depends on the size of the vehicle

2-if your doing a cut and polish depending on the swirls naturally you will use more if working with a SMR. also depending on the kind of pads your using certain pads have a tendencacy to absorb more product when polishing..

3-if your using a sealant or polish i would say it could average 1-2 oz when applying a thin even layer..apply as thin as possible then do a 2nd layer for even coverage..I would do this step by hand ..

sparkie ,KAIO goes a long way..i would tend to think you love the product and use it for everything then applying more then needed.. A little KAIO goes a long way..btw great turnaround on the beast you did. there a bioch to work on and seem to take forever..

Tex Star Detail
11-13-2006, 12:02 PM
Depend on what you are doing... Just your car or many?

For me....hahaha, doesn't last. The only thing I buy that small now is Soda....lol
And if they had 5 gallon pails of Soda...well....I'd be buying some...hahaha

Whitethunder46
11-13-2006, 12:11 PM
About 10-15 cars a month. Was planning on using XMT with edge pads. Is there a better product out there for the cost/benefit?

joe.p
11-13-2006, 12:28 PM
Depend on what you are doing... Just your car or many?

For me....hahaha, doesn't last. The only thing I buy that small now is Soda....lol
And if they had 5 gallon pails of Soda...well....I'd be buying some...hahaha
How about a 5 gallon water cooler with a spout then fill it up with a few 2 liters:) . looks like me and you are big pop drinkers..

ScottB
11-13-2006, 06:10 PM
i don't think you can get a direct answer to this question.

1- depends on the size of the vehicle

2-if your doing a cut and polish depending on the swirls naturally you will use more if working with a SMR. also depending on the kind of pads your using certain pads have a tendencacy to absorb more product when polishing..

3-if your using a sealant or polish i would say it could average 1-2 oz when applying a thin even layer..apply as thin as possible then do a 2nd layer for even coverage..I would do this step by hand ..

sparkie ,KAIO goes a long way..i would tend to think you love the product and use it for everything then applying more then needed.. A little KAIO goes a long way..btw great turnaround on the beast you did. there a bioch to work on and seem to take forever..

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

You should be able to do several cars with every bottle of polish. And if you cannot squeak 15-20 out of a bottle of sealant, well your not using it correctly or using EX-P (thickest sealant I have used to date)

Whitethunder46
11-13-2006, 06:12 PM

You should be able to do several cars with every bottle of polish. And if you cannot squeak 15-20 out of a bottle of sealant, well your not using it correctly or using EX-P (thickest sealant I have used to date)

So EX-P uses a lot of product or very little?

Tex Star Detail
11-13-2006, 06:13 PM
How about a 5 gallon water cooler with a spout then fill it up with a few 2 liters:) . looks like me and you are big pop drinkers..

Yea....I am trying to cut back.....addicted. I used to drink up to a 12 pack a day. Ouch

joe.p
11-13-2006, 06:38 PM
Yea....I am trying to cut back.....addicted. I used to drink up to a 12 pack a day. Ouch
Me too,i started to wonder if the pop was a contributing factor to reaccuring kidneystones ouch..

ScottB
11-13-2006, 07:31 PM
So EX-P uses a lot of product or very little?

I find EX-P very hard to regulate to thin coats. That said someone said the formula changed, as I have had mine since it was originally released. Mine version looks like a thick hand lotion in creamy yellow.

Surfer
11-13-2006, 07:51 PM
I find EX-P very hard to regulate to thin coats. That said someone said the formula changed, as I have had mine since it was originally released. Mine version looks like a thick hand lotion in creamy yellow.Whoa they deffinitley changed the formula then, mine is white and is easy to apply thin, just a b!tch to buff off as I miss spots from it blending into my white lol.

joe.p
11-13-2006, 09:25 PM

Killer is saying EX-P is a thick sealant when applying very thin like a sealnt should be used you could get minimum 20 cars per 16OZ's per bottle that comes out to pennies to ounces as with most products....

I Knlow A bit off topic.. but i would like to compare boutique products to OTC..
when looking at a cheaper of OTC sealants etc look at how many ounces per application divide this by what you use and your actually getting an A- one quality product for pennies more per ounce..

supercharged
11-14-2006, 05:23 AM
12-15 coats out of 16 OZ of Wolfgang sealant (average size car). As far as polishes, like XMT or SSR it really depends on how many swirls you remove. It really depends on paint condition. I would say average lasted me 5-7 applications. Maybe it's just me.