PDA

View Full Version : Yup, another my first... with black auugh!

WestEnd
08-01-2010, 10:51 AM
Hi guys, thanks to all first of all that helped me through this process. It was a lot of fun and also some frustration. But I got it worked out to satisfy me and I had a great time doing it.

I think if I had it to do over again, I would start on my old silver Subaru then move to European black paint. LOL

Next is my Expedition once I convince myself to take on such a big car. haha

My process after many hours of experimenting and learning:

It does show sratches, swirls easily now when the breeze hits it. But now a quick coat of paste wax covers it until I repolish it in the future.

I used all Megs products:

Two bucket wash
Leaf blower air dry
80/20 microfiber touch dry
clay bar
50/50 iso prop alcohol/water wipe down
G110v2 DA
80/20 micro towels, 70/30 kept marring.
Soft Buff pads:
-maroon cutting in a couple of spots with M105, very carefully with my limited experience :D
-M105/yellow
-M205/yellow
-M205/gray

#21 synthetic sealant/gray, hand removed.
NXT Generation Tech Wax Paste 2.0

I did the interior as well, here are the seats:
Lexol Cleaner with light pressure magic eraser, then micro sponge.
Lexol Conditioner

Here are a few pics. I wish I had taken more.

The 50/50 is after M205/gray and it improved again with the sealant, paste.

Then final sun shots, I am squinty from the glare haha. I need full views now, I will get those at some point. :)

WestEnd
08-01-2010, 10:52 AM
Sorry, I guess I don't know how to get the pics large, I have tried several ways. Oh well. :shrug:

WRAPT C5Z06
08-01-2010, 11:55 AM
Looks good! :xyxthumbs: Marring is very hard to completely remove, IMO. AS long as it's very light marring, a coat of wax will cover it and you're go to go. On a side note, I'm surprised the 70/30 caused more marring than the 80/20, I would think it would be the other way around.

WestEnd
08-01-2010, 01:17 PM
Looks good! :xyxthumbs: Marring is very hard to completely remove, IMO. AS long as it's very light marring, a coat of wax will cover it and you're go to go. On a side note, I'm surprised the 70/30 caused more marring than the 80/20, I would think it would be the other way around.

oops, you are correct, typo. Guess I am too late to correct that, so yeah I did use the 70/30 and the 80/20 caused more problems. Thanks for pointing that out.

Thanks for your comments.