PDA

View Full Version : putting sealant then how to maintain?

nabisco shine
07-31-2010, 07:05 PM
hey guys i have my monthly clients that comes every month, i layed down sealant last month and there ready for another detail, what do i do? do i still use clay,polish and then sealant again? or just wash and wax? please respond thanks..

BobbyG
07-31-2010, 07:09 PM
Wash then inspect the finish but I doubt if it needs to be clayed so soon. Claying will probably remove any protecting you've applied and will have to be reapplied.

Wash
Dry
Wax

Dubbin1
07-31-2010, 07:09 PM
I would just wash and wax but really its up to what the client wants to pay.

nabisco shine
07-31-2010, 07:11 PM
ok thanks will it still be a shinny look on the car if i just wash and wax?

BobbyG
07-31-2010, 07:24 PM
With a full detail only a month ago I suspect that a wash and dry will leave the finish sparkling as if it were just detailed. Quality sealants provide protection for several months under normal conditions and should not lose it's glossy shine in four weeks.

Waxing won't hurt and if he's willing to pay the price then that's what you'll have to do.

Reddwarf
07-31-2010, 07:28 PM
What sealant did you use? If you clay and polish so soon you will be removing the sealant you just put on last month. Unless the paint needs correction, I would say just wash and wax. Or instead of wax, use something to help maintain the sealant like Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant (http://www.autogeek.net/wolfgang-deep-gloss-spritz-sealant.html)

akimel
07-31-2010, 10:08 PM
ok thanks will it still be a shinny look on the car if i just wash and wax?

Yes.

There's a critical difference between a full detail and a maintenance detail, and this difference should be embodied in your pricing. How much are you charging your clients for their monthly details and how much time are you spending on their vehicles? You need to think this through like a businessman. Your time is money. Compare your prices with those of your competitors. How much do they charge for a wash & wax? How much do they charge for a wash, clay, polish, and wax, etc.? Settle on a price structure that is fair and competitive. If you're charging too much, your clients will go to one of your competitors. If you're charging too little, you may be undervaluing your work.

There are a number of professionals who contribute to this forum. I'm sure they would be delighted to help you to figure out a competitive price structure.