PDA

View Full Version : Four Star leather cleaner and conditioner???

Pages : [1] 2

WRAPT C5Z06
07-31-2010, 01:51 PM
Anyone tried these products? They look interesting....

Mindflux
07-31-2010, 03:48 PM
Dwayne at AG said the conditioner was not a hot seller so they don't stock it at the moment. Darn shame.

WRAPT C5Z06
07-31-2010, 03:49 PM
Dwayne at AG said the conditioner was not a hot seller so they don't stock it at the moment. Darn shame.
Do you like it?

Mindflux
07-31-2010, 03:51 PM
Do you like it?

I haven't tried it. I had intentions to get it until I found out AG doesn't plan to restock it.

I haven't decided on an alternative yet.

WRAPT C5Z06
07-31-2010, 04:08 PM
I don't think that necessarily means it's a bad product. I'm going to try both the cleaner and conditioner. I can get it locally.

Mindflux
07-31-2010, 04:17 PM
I don't think that necessarily means it's a bad product. I'm going to try both the cleaner and conditioner. I can get it locally.

Right. Problem is I cannot get it locally.

WRAPT C5Z06
07-31-2010, 04:30 PM
Right. Problem is I cannot get it locally.
Why not try Wolfgang or Pinnacle leather conditioner?

Mindflux
07-31-2010, 05:03 PM
Not a fan of either brand. That'll probably get me murdered here.

Grizzly
07-31-2010, 05:42 PM
I never use Leather conditioners.

After cleaning the leather with my toothbrush and APC, I just wipe them down with water or Quik Interior Detailer.

Dubbin1
07-31-2010, 06:50 PM
Mark be sure to let us know how it works

WRAPT C5Z06
07-31-2010, 07:57 PM
Mark be sure to let us know how it works
Sure will.....................................after I use all the DP protectant!!!!! :D

Reddwarf
07-31-2010, 08:46 PM
I have the Four Star Ultimate Leather Condition, but not the cleaner. Instead I went for the Lexol Cleaner. I like the Four Star Leather Conditioner. It works well for me. Smells great too. I would give it a thumbs up! :xyxthumbs:

That being said, I'm really curious about the 1Z Einszett Leather Care. It says it is for leathers with a protective finish. I'm guessing mine is, but not sure.

WRAPT C5Z06
07-31-2010, 08:49 PM
I have the Four Star Ultimate Leather Condition, but not the cleaner. Instead I went for the Lexol Cleaner. I like the Four Star Leather Conditioner. It works well for me. Smells great too. I would give it a thumbs up! :xyxthumbs:

That being said, I'm really curious about the 1Z Einszett Leather Care. It says it is for leathers with a protective finish. I'm guessing mine is, but not sure.
I have Wolfgang Leather Cleaner that I've decided to keep. I'm going to try the 4Star leather conditioner for sure, though. You can test the leather by putting a drop of water on it. If the water doesn't saturate into the leather, you have finished(protected) leather. If it does, you have unfinished leather(no protective coating).

Reddwarf
07-31-2010, 09:20 PM
I have Wolfgang Leather Cleaner that I've decided to keep. I'm going to try the 4Star leather conditioner for sure, though. You can test the leather by putting a drop of water on it. If the water doesn't saturate into the leather, you have finished(protected) leather. If it does, you have unfinished leather(no protective coating).

Thanks. That makes sense. If it is finished then do the leather conditioner's really help? I would think so. but what do I know?

I'm sure the Wolfgang Leather Cleaner is good. All of the Wolfgang products i have tried are great. I did have Pinnacle Cleaner/ Conditioner and I liked it. Just pricey!

Bunky
08-01-2010, 06:27 AM
I have the older versions. I like the cleaner since it does not leave protected seats or steering wheels sticky like some cleaners do.

I ended up switching to PB's Leather Stuff for protection ("conditioning") which is really just putting down a protective barrier.